Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Summer Solstice


Happy Solstice, Litha, Midsummer, Summer notch day. If you have followed my blog, you will know that we are believers in the fairy folk. Tonight will be the night that we have an evening celebration of the longest day. We will today finish our flower fairies made from hollihocks, bells of ireland, delphenium, baby's breath, tiny rose buds and snap dragons. I mean what's a good Solistice celebration with out snap dragons as party favors for the guests of honor. We will bake thimble cookies some flavored with anis seed and the others with lavender flowers. Yes real thimbles are used to cut out these tiny treats. We have to set the table with our tiny china dishes and table linens, set up the chairs with lacey cushions and draw our invitational fairy ring complete with tiny lanterns and paper bags filled with treats, so as to lure the fae to our celebration. GereaKaye is so excited. Wants everything to be just so and is anxious for the opportunity to see a real fairy. She hopes to see her fairy that was created when she laughed for the first time and to get more fairy kisses (freckles on her nose) while sleeping tonight as her reward for having pleased our garden fairy folk with a heartfelt offering of this celebration. You know fairies are very appreciative of a giving and guileless heart. My husband and I are delighted to be a part of this and many other awe inspiring parts of her charmed childhood. We have watched the wonder as she has seen the flittering of fairy lights on our kitchen ceiling, gifts of flowers, crystals and stones for and from the fae and the giggles that have and will continue to be the very best of Solstice. May the fae bless you tonight as well.

3 comments:

  1. Have a Happy Solstice!! We'll probably celebrate by eating out at our favorite Mexican eatery and I'll bring back some tostadas and put out my stepson's green chile salsa...oh no, better not, that will totally blow them up, it did a real job on me, so you can imagine those poor little fairies ...ok, how about a little cup of Pace Picante!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put out the offering of milk and honey tonight....and my thoughts and light will be with you all there...find me my fae too sweet G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I could be there with you and the Fairy Folk, do you think it´s possible to bring the camera or will the flower fairies get scared?
    We have celebrated Midsummer in Sweden this weekend, it´s always a very bad windy and rainy weather at this special summeroccasion.
    It´s kind of funny really, because everyone is dreaming about eating and celebrating the "top of the summer" outdoors...
    A big hug to you from me/
    Rebecka

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.