Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What to do, what to do

I have a question of conscience. I try very hard not to be influenced by the media. I try very hard not to pay attention or let things like that get to me however......Just like Kid Rock says roll on, roll on roller coaster.
I am offended by our President saying that each of us has to tighten our belts (trust me, mine could stand to go down about 8 sizes & I agree we all can rethink our habits) and then turns around and spends OUR money to wine and dine his wife, when so many in the country are skipping the dine and concentrating on the wine. Life is hard for a lot of people. What next, is the first lady going to tell us "let them eat cake"?
I was an educator for many years, I learned and taught lots of stinky, rotten teenagers and loved the majority of them in spite of themselves. And I learned early on, if you want to have respect from them, you have to walk the walk. You can't just tell um about it you have to live it. I don't expect that Michelle and Barack should go to IHOP like the rest of us but somehow $350,000 just seems a little pricey for a night out.
And besides, I have always gotten a little bristley when someone who thinks they are more learned and wise imparts information to me as though I were the village idiot. Show me you have a plan, can play well with others, have my back, respect me even if you don't like me and play fair and I'm your girl. Look down your well read nose at me and tell me how it's gonna be because you said so.......ummmmm NO. I swear this has nothing to do with the p word. I don't do politics, it's against my religion (really). It's a respect thing. Me and Aretha (the diva, no question).
Mia copa, if I have offended my buds, but a girl's gotta rant when a girl's gotta rant.

1 comment:

  1. Rant away...I agree. I too am not political, but let's be honest, there are the "haves" and the "have nots." The pres and familia are in that "haves" category. I wonder if he had not been pres. would he be as generous with the wining and dining night out? After all, he would still be a senator and she a practicing attorney. hummm, makes me wonder???

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.