Monday, July 13, 2009

I fell down and went boom, big time


Okay, for those of you who have read about my grandson Ry, this will be an explanation of his affliction. I have in past blogs poked fun at this poor 5 year old critter for having a problem with the magnetism of the earth's pull and his body. He is a bonafide, gold plated clutz, as is his sister. All this time, I had never taken any of the chromosomal responsibility for this malady. Well, you know how karma is. What comes out of your mouth will likely land back on you.


Yesterday as we finally arrived home from a lovely but Africa hot trip to the Albuquerque Bio Park, I fell, for possibly the 9th time in the past 6 years, in my driveway. I fell on all fours, which for normal folks could be an embarrassment and painful. But since I had a knee replacement 2 years ago and broke both wrists last summer going to play cards with the kids across the street, I thought we were going to have to call in a crane to get me up. My poor sweet man, he has gotten used to coming to my rescue but he was as tired as I was from the voksmarche pace set by the 9 year olds we were with. It must have been a funny site for the neighbors as he got cushions and helped me roll onto them to get my knees down long enough to pull me up. I have been living with ice packs, arnica gel, australian dream cream (which by the way is fabulous for pain) and ibuprofen. Luckily, my grand GereaKaye is a caretaker so, I have a nurse in house. Made a trip to the Chiropractor today and he put the pieces that were out, back in and I am as good as it is going to get for about a week.

I did the same thing year before last when we went to a wonderful, romantic northern New Mexico bed and breakfast to celebrate our 35+ anniversary. We spent most of the time getting ice for my knees. It must be charming to be married to a limpy old broad with a propensity for crashing and burning. I told sweet man he should buy me caution light jewelry for this years anniversary, complete with flashing lights and a siren.

And see, I did not even put it together that I had cursed my poor grandson to my balance problem. 5 years ago, he was born on my birthday, which meant I never had to have another but......poor little boy.

3 comments:

  1. O my hell.... I think we are sisters!!! LOL...
    Now as I am sitting here feeling so stinkin bad for you, I find myself bursting into laughter, especially the part where you say "it must be charming to be married to .."
    I am a true blue clutz, with a knee replacement. VERY SCAREY, my husband really worries when he leaves for work lol...

    I sure hope you get to feelin better soon,
    good to see the fall didnt take away your humor.

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay Muchacha, Thanks for the laugh. Hey, I've been a klutz since I can remember. When I was in high school, we had our yearly field day and we were doing these stupid relay races, where you spin around a baseball bat then try to run back to your partner. I remember the floor coming up to meet my head as it "CRACK!" Anyway, I was fine...had to go home though and miss the rest of the day, thank God. A week later, we were allowed to wear civies (I was a Catholic school girl) and I wore my new navy blue outfit. As I was sitting there in biology class, I looked down at my hands, and they were blue, I knew I was dying of a brain tumor that had developed since my fall. I just lost it and the poor nun sent me to the bathroom with a good friend. As she was trying to calm me down, she put a cold compress on my wrists and notices blue on the towel. I then washed my hands and the blue rinsed away...it was the case of a cheap dress!! LOL I told the nun I was fine and we continued to study the human brain!!! Hey, I fall all the time and feel like a moron, but what the hell, it's just a joint, a knee, a hip, an elbow, etc., etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm having a tonic to you this evening. Bless you. Hope you are mending! Dang...stop doing that!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.