Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm so lonely I could cry????????

Isn't this a great picture of a Russian peasant woman? She has such happiness in her face.


I am not different than anyone else when it comes to wanting what I don't have and not wanting what I do have. You know the old saying "the grass is always greener" thing.

2 years ago last May, my daughter and grandkids moved to South Carolina. At the time, my sweet man and I had plans to move somewhere close, so that we wouldn't miss out on the growing up of the grands. Well, our plans were thwarted when our friends backed out of buying our house. At the time I was distraught. Then the universe gave me a hint that I should listen to what was being told to and shown to me, so I resigned myself to staying here in the "sandbox".

I can't tell you how much I missed those kids and their Mom. I cried over one thing or another at least once every day. I was miserable and lonely, feeling as though I was lost and adrift with out them. The older, GereaKaye was/is my bestest buddy, the little guy was just that a little guy (at 3). We saw them at spring break the first year and then Gerea came both summers to stay with us, but I had not seen my darling daughter Shelley or RyLeigh except on the web cam infrequently. So when they arrived here 3 weeks ago, I had to do some catching up.

Now I can't remember why I missed them. They are nuts. Wild, unruly, loud, moving all the time, in my stuff, losing their stuff, eating everything that is not nailed down, moving everything that is not nailed down. Climbing, fixing, painting, singing, fussing, smiling, laughing, loving everything here. How lucky am I? I'm so lonely I could cry......NOT.


2 comments:

  1. That's what Grandma's are for. You are lucky to have such a wonderful family. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have such a wonderful family. Have a great week.
    ___________________
    Julie
    Instant loans at an attractive low rates

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.