Thursday, August 6, 2009

What doesn't kill you will make you stronger Part I


I am reporting in to tell you all that "we" have made it through 2 weeks and all is well.

My grandkids are wonderful human beings. They have shown their adaptability to adapt to their new environment and have joined right in with the insanity around here like they never left New Mexico. I am so happy for both of them. Ry is a darling 5 year old with all the enthusiasm and motion that comes with that age. GK is adapting to having to share Papa and Oma with Ry in a gracious and kind way and we have had fun times everyday. Not that there have not been the expected sibling "she's looking at me", "he hit me" stuff, but none of the sadness and disjointedness I expected and dreaded. Change of locality, not having Dad and other family around, new school, new friends, new living arrangements are hard for adults let alone kiddos.

We registered them for school yesterday. Talk about sadness and disjointedness......that's the registration process at their school. You know it always surprises me when adults in charge just can't get their stuff all in one pile. It was like they had never registered students before, or were new to the education system or possibly had overslept during the instructional phase of the meeting on registering new students. Whatever the difficulty at registration, we made it thru and they are good to go to school in two weeks.

I am looking forward to their being in school during the day so that I might be able to work in my studio again. Long time no create. I also am looking forward to the return to a routine. Don't get me wrong, I love spontaneous summer doings, but find comfort in the routine and structure of work, school, life as a big people. Both the grands are structure lovers as well so we will look forward to continued success and growth for the two sweetest grandkids in the whole wide world.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear all is well and no one has decided to jump ship! Am leaving today for Austin. I'll be there a week. My daughter gave me some wonderful news yesterday. She has to spend 2 nights at the hospital and there's a lot of hope Sammy will go home on Sat. Tonight, I'll be there and staying with the boys so Michael can join Andria for the night. Will keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to all of you!
    It´s somehow good to get back to the routines.... well that´s something we at least have to say or ?
    Lots of love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s somehow good to get back to the routines....
    ___________________
    Julie
    Instant loans at an attractive low rates

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.