Thursday, October 1, 2009

On the first day of Halloween







I am so excited to be participating in this event. To keep track of the daily activities countdown to Halloween is going to be fun.

I just listed (you can check out my stuff at turtle8603 on Ebay) my Dia de Los Muertos (November 1 & 2) dolls on Ebay. See the pictures of the cutie pies. My family calls them my potato chips because I can't just buy one. I painted these Mexican tourist trade dolls with calaca masks and then added items that "as street vendors" they might be selling like baskets of paper flowers, calaveras (skeletons), sugar skulls, muertos masks and other items. I had such fun doing them.

I have been in love with Halloween since I was a puppy back in the day (read old posts for proof) and fell in love with Dia de Los Muertos, Day of the Dead, DOTD in the past ten years. Besides with DOTD....the season is extended for a couple of days. Yeah, yeah, let's play.

2 comments:

  1. It must be the first day of Halloween JuJu, but within 20 minutes of listing my Muertos babies, I have 3 bids. That has never happened before. I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Glad you're getting some bids!

    I'm happy to see that your so excited about this blog party!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.