Saturday, October 3, 2009

On the third day of Halloween....









I hope that you are having a wonderful Saturday morning. I have remarked in the past that Saturdays are my favorite day now because the grands are "ours" until Mom gets home in the afternoon. The lazing around, the late pancake or french toast breakfast, the chores, the fun all make for a wonderful day.

I just did a cruise of many of the participants musings and sharings for the Domestic Witch's Halloween blog event and I am so enthused, amused and edified by the blogs. How to much fun this is.

Today I would like to share my Spooky Ooky tree with you. I love to put my tree up early so that we can enjoy the majick of Halloween. This is also located (shock and wonder) right in the heart of the house so I decorate this altar for every season. This small tree is on a "telephone" table my parents had put in the hallway of this house that was built in 1960. I used to get under the built in table to "talk to my friends" as a teenager. I guess I thought it was more private. Now it just looks like a whole lot of trouble and contortion.

Anyway, every time you walk down the hallway, you pass by whatever seasonal delight is posed, set up and displayed. This is my absolute favorite and so enjoy what my family sees.


PS It's was hard not to pick the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta as today's blog as this is the first day and the balloons were gorgeous but that's for tomorrow. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I´ve said it before, you people are just partying all the time!
    Well , well.
    Next weekend I will do the same!
    Lots of love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree..have to take a pic of mine too. You won an award on my blog, so go over and claim it!!!

    Blessing and ba-ba,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a great idea. Trimming a tree for the the spooky day. Very creative display. Funsy wunsy. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.