Monday, October 26, 2009

Who am I? Well, I'm..................


Been thinking again, Oh no not that. I always end up in way deep do do when I do that.


When I was ever so much younger, I was Martha Stewart before there was a Martha Stewart. I did it all and then some. You remember the old song, I'm a woman, w, o, m, a, n. Well there ya go. I made my own bread, grew my own vegetables, sewed all of Shelley's clothes, took care of our finances, retirement, investments, decorated our home, made things out of nothing, crafted and sold soft sculpture dolls, looked after my parents, had a million friends and always kept up with correspondence, was a good sister to my brother and sister, good aunt to my nieces and nephews, good neighbor to everybody on the street. Was President of the PTA, was the leader for Camp Fire girls, sewing Mom for the dance recitals, organizer for fund raisers for the community, church lady extraordinary, fabulous wife, mother and friend and had that little thing called a full time job.


I was known as Joe's wife, Shelley's Mom, Fran and Manny's daughter, Jackye and John's little sister, Aunt Flower by my nephews, Lulu and Maja by my daughter, Babe by my husband, Lindalu by most of my school buddies and just plain Linda by most.


Now I am Shelley's wife. I didn't chose the job but the honor has sorta been thrust on me by that meanest of all meanies.....necessity.


I always wanted one of those when I was her age. And you know what they say about being careful what you ask for. You know someone who would cook, clean, mend, shuffle the calendar, get kids ready for school, have dinner on the table in the evening and be a good conversationalist when needed yada, yada, blah, blah.


I am not being bitchy when I tell you this, it is the facts as they stand. But, I sure am glad I had all that training the first time around or else, I might not know how it is done. And I'll let you in on a little secret...I have been told on certain occasions....by those that shall remain nameless ...there is another and only way to do what I have already done. When I was younger that may have bothered me, but now that I am the saged wise woman, I just kick her dog when she isn't looking.

4 comments:

  1. I will shake your hand Linda. You have done it all. Viva Linda!! Wow, that is a lot that you invested your time in and look at the wonderful beautiful woman that you are now, because of all your learning skills. It is a lot to do all you did, plus hold a full time job. I know the feeling. Thanks for sharing this part of your life, I know you better now and I'm proud to be your blogger friend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria, you're one of my greatest cheerleaders. Proud to me your blogger friend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeppers, been there done that...the younger part of my life. Just glad it's over!!!! As for being someone's wife, now there's only one person and that's my huney!! I really admire all you've done and will continue to do, "You're a better man than Gunga Din!" Just make sure you take time for "La linda, Linda." Whew, tired now after reading your blog...guess I'll just take a nap!! Not!!! Have a good one, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't we all love to have a wife? My hubby does all he can, but..... I know one thing for sure, YOU need a vacation and soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.