Friday, December 4, 2009

It's all about the little stuff




A friend sent these pix in an email and I thought the little piglet was so ugly that it is cute. The story goes, the pot bellied piglets Mom just left him alone and he almost froze to death. The folks who own the pig, found the piglet, took it inside and the families Rhodesian Ridgeback had just weaned a litter of puppies and instantly took to the little pig. Yeah, all ended well for the ugly little pig.

Just like a lot of folks at this time of year, I am in a rush and holding down a place in funk city. Woke up this morning and said "Am I blue?", or is it just my pajamas?

I love the kid's excitement, I am glad we are making decorations and ornaments and orange thingies with cloves stuck in them, I like the way the gnome and elf tree came out. I even included the psychedelic San Fransisco snowflakes from our (Sweet Man and I) first Christmas in the city by the bay. But there's a butt. And not a pork butt for posole.

For some reason, unknown to the sane, I am depressed. Can't seem to get my mojo working. I put on the Christmas music, turned on the tree lights and lit up the ceramic village from when Shelley was little, fixed some spiced cider, popped some corn, lit some pinon incense and still the needle on the emo meter is flat. I am sure it will pass but..........just doing my best Eeyore imitation I guess.

5 comments:

  1. Get some sunshine on your face girl! All the deco's in the world cannot help an deprived maiden! Seriously... I find I have less and less of the Elf Magic as I get older... How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Depressed? Oh you should not be depressed. BE HAPPY!! Want to hear a joke? Okay, maybe this will make you laugh, it's all in fun.

    Know why they never send Mexicans to the moon?

    Everytime they holler LAUNCH, they sit down to eat.

    end of joke....
    hope you feel better, let me know if you are smiling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love the pic...how absolutely adorable...both doggie and piggie!!

    Hey my friend, I too can't seem to get my groove back, but I think much of it has to do with the fact my Pop is gone and we begin new Christmas traditions in a few weeks. I'm not afraid, just sad, very sad...miss my dad so much. However, this will all pass for us and we'll be back to our normal crazy, insane, funny selves very soon.

    Gloria's joke was one of our family's favorite...we still say "launch" when it's lunch time...my dad loved that one.

    Ok, I've got one: There was this traveling saleman (I can see your eyes rolling back into your head, give it a chance!!!) he stopped in this small town and entered the general store. The old men sat around the old pop belly stove, warming themselves as they sat on their rocking chairs. The salesman tells them that he passed by their town last year around fall. He had eaten something earlier that day and it had not settled well in his stomach, so he told them, he went to this large pumpkin patch "out yonder" and cut it open and took a big sh--t to relieve himself. One of the old men quietly got up, went to the phone on the counter and made a call to his wife, "Hello Vi, this is Si, I was right about that pie!!"

    Are you laughing now!!!!????? One of my dear uncle's jokes told many Christmas Eves ago!!

    Hang in there, my friend.

    Love,
    G

    Love,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your blog, and what a lovely easy style of writing you have:) Can't wait to see your next posting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.