Friday, January 22, 2010

Well, we tried it and it works..............



Yesterday, I told you the grands WANT SNOW. Now, I know how to make it rain (ice in a flat bottomed pan over a teapot that is steaming, takes awhile but it does rain a little) but I don't know how to make it snow.

Upon the adivce of my weather knowledge friends....Mrs. Price (2nd grade teacher) said we should sleep with spoons under our pillows, Skippy Mom
http://skippymom.blogspot.com/ told us to wear our pj's inside out and flush ice cubes down the toilet and I read on another blog that you need to put a cup of water in the freezer and before you go to bed, put it in front of the front gate.

So when we got up, Ry saw the rain and said that we had done something wrong. Before time for the bus to pick him up it did start to snow. Big ol fat flakes. He was good with that. Now as I type it is starting to stick. We are supposed to have a real snow storm this afternoon. It's the storm that just left CA in a mess. Sweet Man is in Sacramento for a meeting and said he isn't sure about his connection in Phoenix, so we will see if he makes it home tonight. Hope so.

I love hot cocoa days like today, so long as I don't have to go out in it.
Have a safe and happy weekend.

Thanks for those of you who have gone to Ye Olde Crones Gazette http://yeoldecronesgazette.blogspot.com/ for the unpeeled onion part of my life. I appreciate your support.

4 comments:

  1. Glad your grand is getting snow and not us. I'm ready for Spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a nice snow with fat wet flakes.. the kind that makes everything so silently quiet and calm.... lucky you

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~oh so happy you brought snow your way...nothing like seeing joy on a little ones face! enjoy the moment...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids LOVE it - they always do those things here and I have to say it works a large part of the time. Glad it worked for you guys. I love hot cocoa days too.

    Enjoy your snow. :)

    vert word: icespha - Wouldn't going to an icespha be a little cold? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.