Friday, March 19, 2010

And so she's gone.....

My lovely white faced furry baby left this world today. She and I knew it was time for her to go but we let the other humans in the house keep us going on with the medication and the episodic seizures. Last night she couldn't catch her breath and after the seizure she looked up at me and I knew I should get a good night's sleep for the decision I had made.


We have a vet who came to the house, housecalls, what a concept. Anyway, we love Barb. I called her this morning to ask if she could meet me at one of the clinics she subs for vets on vacation and sure enough she was working at one 2 minutes from here.


Willow said her goodbyes to the grands, to SM and Shelley and she and I had our last car ride together.


Thanks for all your support during our "thinking" time.


She is now running and playing with her brother Murphy, just waiting for us to join them. I am at peace with letting her go but will grieve deeply for a life cut way too short by and unseen and unexpected something.


Rest in peace my Fat Elvis, my Large Marge, my mena, mena, Willowmena, my bestest and sweetest.

I will miss your sweet face and gentle manner......the whole family will.

13 comments:

  1. aww, I'm so sorry for your lose! I have 3 furry ones and 3 kitties of my own and I don't want to even think about this day. Some years ago I had a couple of precious furry ones that had passed, I still miss them so! They're like our children, no...they are our children. My deepest sympathies to you and your family!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda. I am so sorry. I know the loss and how hard it must be for you. I too know that my Chorizo is with her real mother and brother's and sister's. I love how you had so many names for you baby. I too have at least a full page of pet names I called her. She is at rest now Linda and at your side. She will never leave your side. ::hugs to you amiga::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh. I'm in tears. I'm so sorry. Please accept my sympathies. All to soon I shall be facing this myself.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~oh linda...i am so sorry to hear of your loss...it is never an easy choice to make but as i know you know she is no longer suffering or in pain...she is running along happy and healthy...blessing be with you and love~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda I am so sorry, there are just no words that I can say to make it any easier. Please accept a big hug from me and know I am thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments, how thoughtful of all of you my lovelies......

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweetheart I am so very, very sorry. I write this with tears in my eyes because I empathize so much.

    Never doubt you made the best decision and she loves you all the more for it.

    The tightest, warmest hug I can send from so many miles away. I lift my glass in salute of a very beloved baby and a wonderful Momma.

    Take care and let me know if I can do anything for you. Hug again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about Willow, Linda.
    It may not seem appropriate since you are sad right now, but I want to wish you a HAPPY SPRING filled with beautiful and happy days.
    I am sending a big hug just for you!!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. *gentle, gentle hugs* My deepest condolences for you and your family and brightest blessings to your darling on her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so sorry it came to this. I knew it would eventually, but you still are never quite prepared for it. Your sweet baby is in a good place now. No more seizures. Poor sweet thing. My heart goes out to you all.

    HUGE HUGS!
    Kimber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Linda, what a hard time and what a tough decision to make.
    I feel so sorry about the whole situation,
    but I´m sure Willow is doing fine wherever she is now.
    All my love to you
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry about your baby. It never does get any easier, no matter how old we get. I recently had to put my big old dog down...heartbreaking. Oh yes, she is running and playing and out of pain. I believe there are animals in heaven. I do I do believe.
    **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww I am so sorry. It was hard when we put our Phantom down but we knew it was the right thing for her. I am thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.