Thursday, March 18, 2010

Only 1 more day til spring.....

We like the rest of the country have had the "in betweens" this week. We have had rain, snow, hail, sleet, wind, sunshine and clouds....all on the same day for several days. Today just high stratus clouds and the most gorgeous blue skies, no wind and so the grands and I cleaned the front porch. Shelley went with a friend on an excursion so it was just us kids.

Yesterday watched the Frog Princess, made green icing for the cupcakes for dinner, fixed some golden graham smore bars for a picnic tomorrow, played treasure hunt for the gold wrapped chocolate coins, had Chinese for lunch cuz what else would there be on St. Patty's day? We then went outside and swept up Winter leavings and got the porch ready for the Easter Bunny to be able to hide eggs and stuff. Put up our Americana decor for the season....all things red, white and blue. Got out the prim wagon, birds and bird house for the table and got all the plants stands ready for the house plants.

After all that, it didn't take me much convincing to get them to take a rest for an hour...thus the time I have to write this post. I love spending time with my grands. It would seem since we live together that we would spend all the time together but the truth of the matter is.....most days I can't just be the Oma. Most days I am ruthless tyrant, sympathetic by stander, rule enforcer, chore doler outer and chief bitch. It is not easy to find quality time with them when Mom is trying to do the same thing. I just sit back and do my jobs and wait patiently until my turn comes (which isn't as often as I would like).


Today I was fortunate and caught some time. I will savor both days for the long haul until next time it happens.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to spend some quality time with the grands. I miss that with my grands as they are all getting too grown, I have three over 20, one 18, one 16, a few inbetween and the youngest is 6 but I don't get to see her too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have a lovely weekend... it is a beautiful day today... in the 70s... tonight we are too get a nice storm with the possibility of major snow for tomorrow... go figure.. think they got the seasons a bit turned around..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.