Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Top of the Morning to you and Happy St. Patty's Day

 Here I go with the old timey stories again.

My Mom was Scotch Irish. There was some English in the lineage too but she never really talked about that side much. My Daddy Jack (her father) was a two fisted, whiskey drinking Irish brick layer. But I don't believe he ever carried a pig under his arm.

Well come St. Patty's day my Mom always played it down but I thought it was great that I actually had some Irish blood in me and went for the green, so to speak. Now having a Spanish surname only served to confuse folks as to why I was wearing green on March 17. But being resourceful, I would always say it was the green chile I was wearin'. And my Mom would say, "you're not much Irish but enough to be full of it".

So there ya are. Here's to all of us who are full of it and wear green to prove it and celebrate it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

5 comments:

  1. I raise a pint to you girl and hope that your day is full of good things... May you dance with the wee folk under the stars...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lick of Irish in me but I do still carry my first husband's name [as his children still have it, so it is hyphenated with my second married name] and it is incredibly Irish - so I can happily wear green and not be questioned.

    Helps to have flaming red hair too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Paddy's to you Linda. I have just a touch of irish in me from my Dad's side but I am mostly Danish, I do wear green on March 17th, although I have green eyes so I never got pinched anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I will say this much for the Irish, they sure do get around!!! hahahahahaha!!! Even got a bit of the blarney in me!!!

    Love ya, B&G,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Linda!!
    My maiden name is Gallagher ~ does that tell you I might be wearing some green today? LOL!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.