Monday, April 19, 2010

Smells so wonderful around here.

As I have said in the past, spring is not my favorite season, but this part of spring is wonderful.
We have four different colored lilac bushes in our back yard. The neighbor diagonally to the northwest of us has a hedge of 10 lilac bushes.
I have an old fashioned porch swing that was on my grandparents house in Las Vegas, New Mexico on my back porch. Put that all together and I just love to sit on the porch, swing and smell the lovely lilacs.
Nirvana
You can almost see the fae just to the left of the center of the photo, in the shadow.

5 comments:

  1. I envy you so much for what you just described... sounds wonderful... so glad you get to enjoy such a wonderful thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nirvana is correct! When we moved out here to the farm we left behind many plants that I loved, two gorgeous peony's and two wonderful, large Lilacs. I miss the smell, there was one on each side of the back door and I would leave the door and window open next to them so the perfume would fill the house. It was heaven! I think I saw the fae flutter their wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHH the lilacs are out!!! Ours are still in bud...am looking forward to the wonderful smell that you already have...lucky you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell them uphere! LOL! Here in the Netherlands its still pretty cold :-( so i don't see or smell a lot. Hopefully the warm weather comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad they are blooming for you too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.