Thursday, June 17, 2010

Need some clarification....please read

? ? ? ? ?

All of you sweethearts have for over 300 posts put up with my spells of insanity and "stuff". You all have learned a few new words of Lindaspeak and have been put to the test to see if you can figure out WTH I'm talking about and the heavens above love you for the doing of it.

What does this mean? You can't change a leopard's spots even if you give them a sharpie and tell them they are a zebra?

Someone told this to me today, like I'm supposed to understand. A metaphor, a word puzzle, an answer to one of life's mysteries?

I'm not kidding. I don't get it? People don't change? Leopard's have bad eyesight and want to become zebras? Sharpies are the key to the universe? Please help this old broad to the fountain of understanding. My cankles are killing me and I need to sit down. Oh for some clarity Mr. Wizard.

? ? ? ? ?

9 comments:

  1. Don't believe I have ever heard that one before. People can change but only if they really want to and it has to come from the inside out. Just putting on different clothes, changing your spots to stripes with a sharpie, is not change. that's what I get out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the metaphore is more about you can't change who you really are, even to please another person/ even if someone tells you who to be. You are you, and you can't change that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always heard a leopard cannot change his spots. I know that means, you can not really change what you are.

    I agree with Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it means that no matter what you change on the outside, a person is still the same on the inside...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that inklings, like you lovelies....it was in reference to someone else's inability to be anyone different than who they are.
    Sometimes we want, we wish, we hope for folks to be different, for whatever reasons.
    I knew I could depend on your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~a little late on this one but i too was thinking along similar line...we are who we reguardless of what another says or thinks...but i do believe we can all change...if we are seeking it...wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend...much l♥ve and light~

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am what I am and that's all that I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man..poop, poop!"

    Everyone can change, but even so, there's always that little part of them that's just part of their essence, good, bad or indifferent. Oh hell, don't listen to me, I'm just a whirling dervish right now!!

    Love ya and so do the goats...they send their blessings!
    G

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.