Sunday, June 6, 2010

This is the trip I missed ...The Rio Grande Nature Center


Sweet Man is just that, a very sweet man. Has been for the million years we've been together. We have known each other since he was 6 months old and I was 0. Way back then, he was a stinker of little boy but I just adored him, still do.

He took the grands to the Rio Grande Nature Center today. Gave me some me time....thank you all that I hold dear. The three of them had a really good time, taking pictures, climbing on old tree stumps, watching the bosque (rivers edge environment) animals, looking at the indigenous plants and walking on the 10 mile trail. This place is so cool. There are nightlife walks at the full moon. We will do the one in July. They have classes for kids as well, but today was Papa's turn to teach the kids about spending a day out with Papa.



The kids were so excited about going that they were dressed and ready to go by 7:05 am. They are never that put together for school....funny about that.
They saw coyote, turtles, rabbits, ground squirrel, hummingbirds, frogs, damsel and dragon flies, flowers, cactus, lizards, fish, bugs, snakes .......and more. And I think GK did a bang up job on the photography today.

I got my new camera so she got my old one and after seeing the pictures she took.....maybe I didn't need a new one after all or maybe she is just better at taking photos than I.



They came home pooped and hot. And now it is quiet again and all three of my adventurers are snoozing yet once again. Shhhhhhh, let's not wake them.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. GK is certainly good with the photography, the dragonfly is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you had a day of relaxation.... I have to agree the pictures are quite good... kudos to your sweet man for living up to his name... blessings sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had me a sweet man...alls I got me is a darn Troll...:0(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.