Sunday, July 18, 2010

The terrier terror or how to keep from having your arm gnawed off......

another time around the yard?
Hello darlings, how's your Sunday? Good I hope. Mine is lovely, the grands and Mom have gone to the picture show (the movies for those who don't speak southern), Sweet Man has to work and the little dog from Hades is in her crate taking her afternoon siesta....yay.

and you may all attend me now

She is so cute and little and ornery and bossy and has just taken the family by storm. It has been ages since I have had to deal/adjust to/ cleanup after a very small dog and I must admit this is character building to say the very least.
taste like chicken

She has all of our DNA on her little tiny razor sharp teeth and intends to keep that tradition going as long as she possibly can. I know she's teething. I know to give her a replacement chew thing when she bites us. We all know to make the Ceasar Chavez chshhhhhhhhtttz noise to get her attention and to be calm assertive......We know all that......she knows we are full of it and she is quicker, cuter and in some cases trickier than us.
dog head yo yo

The only two entities in the house that seem to have a handle on how to make her behave are Odin, Shelley's more than patient, more than kind, more than the northern New Mexico Coyote dog that he is, being so good to her and Sunny J. Bunnyfur, my manx, the resident authority on hellish behavior. They both have their bluff in on her....the rest of us not so much.

Odin explains the rules

She is sweet, loving and a puppy....goodness willing and the creek don't rise and she will get grown and be a good, fiesty little scruffer dog, but for the time being.....we're buying stock in Bandaids and paper towels, N'cest pas?
but look how cute I am

11 comments:

  1. She is the sweetest little thing. Just look at that face. I just want to grab her and give her a hug.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Hard to resist though...that's easy to see. As much as I'd love to get the kiddos a dog...I can't do it. I grew up cleanin' dog-do from the yard and I know it'd end up being me again now. Plus, potty-training...ugh.. Mucho patience!! I'll stick with el gato's for now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen some cute puppies in my time, but for all the biting and antics - this one takes the cake. Especially that last picture. Cute.

    Can we skip the pumpkin and you can just send her straight on? heehee [no, I really want the pumpkin and don't need another dog.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! She sure is a cutypie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. Wait till you start finding her teeth and you get all scared because you don't know what to do!! I know when I started finding Chocolatte's teeth here and there, I started going berserk thinking she had hurt herself. It's all part of growing up. She got all her permanent teeth later. Don't get scared now. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate this computer! I just lost my post (I think) I said she was the cutest puppy I have seen since Daisy was a baby. And I also said the razor sharp teeth is a phase they outgrow quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    Your new puppy is the cutest little thing with the prettiest little face and needle teeth! :-)
    I left you a message on one of your other blogs but I don't seem to be able to find it!
    I hope you are well. Lovely to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Jo.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, she is just adorable and I'm sure a hell raiser too. Puppy smells and cuddles are soon over so enjoy the baby times. xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had that puppy she'd never walk--I'd be carrying her around hugging her all of the time, the doggy version of pinching her cheeks. Miss Ellie Mae has got to be the cutest thing that's come down the pike in a long time.

    P.S. In the south, isn't it pitcher show? Hee.

    word vert: aliastem. As I said, I would be carrying Miss Ellie Mae aliastem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore terriers and she is just precious. She is like a really cute Mighty. They do mature, but they don't quit being terriers, thank goodness. You will never be bored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~ever so cute...she sounds just like our littlest one {child} when he was around 2-3! he bit EVERYTHING...i know you know this shall pass but in the meantime...stay on guard! hard to think that little face could cause any pain...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.