Friday, September 17, 2010

And we are camping in the den...tra la la

The grands have never slept in a tent, eaten a s'more, or slept on the floor in my den. Well there is always a first time for all things fun and tonight it is happening.
 One of my all time favorite bloggie buddys and the mystery birthday girl from yesterday (so much for discretion) Skippy Mom of I Make Soap http://skippymom.blogspot.com/2010/09/dont-faint.html sent us this tent way back when....so we could have "the adventures of the traveling tent". 


Well, it's a little late for doing it outside in some parts of the country so we are postponing the grand endeavor until spring, unless you've got a mind to continue the traveling.....email me and let me know. There's always winter indoor camping, it's all the rage.





Thanks for joining us on our very first camp-in.

11 comments:

  1. HOW GREAT!! I wish I was there in the tent, too!!!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. Ya know something, I've never had a s'more either. How did I ever miss that.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indoor camping is the best! They look like great buddies and a lot of fun...Thanks for the memories.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics! YAY - they look like they are having a grand time. You're a good Oma and I know you aren't feeling well, so you really rock. My love to you all and thanks for the birthday post - I seriously thought you knew someone else's birthday was yesterday. There's a lot of us September babies running around here.
    Take care sweetie and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and looks like such fun. No bugs or bears and close to the bathroom. What is not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! And what terrific pictures! I especially like the one of the two grands looking out at you while holding the s'mores.

    word vert: splogi. Whenever I try to eat a s'more, they go all splogi on me

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~L♥VE IT!! and i am sure they did too...you created a moment that will remain a great memory within them forever...when i was 16 i bought my first tent...brought it home and we set it up in the living room and all crawled inside and hung out in there...you brought back a sweet little memory this morning to me...happy camping!! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you all had. The smiles on the grands tell the story. Yummy looking smores now I am hungry for one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. have had many a camp in with the grands... can be so much fun.. and you never have to worry about rain or bugs.... my kind of camping... love it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like they really had so much fun together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wish I could have joined them,
    listening to some spooky stories, eating snacks in bed and singing the penguine song....
    Love to all of you!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.