Monday, October 11, 2010

Food for the party..........


Obviously, we have already written our story out, decorated for the event, taken the pictures, the hambones have acted out their parts and we made the food for the Halloween Party that we will blog about on Saturday. I thought today I would post our food pictures. Also I want to let you know that because our story has gotten out of control, is a little longer than expected, we will begin our story on Thursday. Friday we will continue and then the party pictures will be posted on Saturday.

So fair warning....we're gonna bore you for a few days culminating on Saturday. This has been more fun than it should have been and yet once again, being the underachiever I am, I am wiped out. But it has been worth every bit of work and fun put into this.

I have decided that I am going to make a book of both this party and the Mad Hatter Party we participated in. That way, the grands, will have our thoughts on the fun, pictures of us doing it and a memory to keep.

Anyway, here's the yummy (all in the eye of the beholder) foods served at our party.

Monster toes with "red" sauce


graveyard cupcakes


eyeballs for treats

the chef's choice for the entre


11 comments:

  1. What a great grammie you are Linda. Your grandchildren will always have the best of memories of you. The food looks like it will be a hit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shivers....that looks good! I'm afraid I would just spook out and eat it all up...especially the brains.....and i love worms too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...can't wait to see (read?) the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food is so disgusting it looks GREAT! What did you use for toenails on the monster toes? And where did you get the adorable fence wrappers for the cupcakes ::jealous!:: And pray tell what is the brain made out of? And is that a mold? Cause that is damn cool and gives me too many ideas for Wallene's lunches this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and so kid friendly. No one loves gross or scary like children. Brilliant and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all, looks like a feast made for a ghoul. In The top picture is that candy dipped pretzel sticks? Yum. I wish I was a kid again and you were my grams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your entree! Can't wait to see and here all the rest of the details. It bummed me out I couldn't participate but I know as hard as it was to get the Mad Tea Party done while moving, I am in no way prepared for the Halloween Party. Maybe next year.

    BTW, Miss hearing from you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh.. dear, i wish i was there with you guys!
    I could use some fun right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!

    erp............

    What fun you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have to be the world's bestest gramma, hands down. Faboo treats, great decorations...can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.