Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Here's my boy Elroy

Several years ago, I got a wild hair in July, that I was going to create my own Dia de Los Muertos sugar skulls. I wanted it to be something different than anything I had seen on either side of the border.

Well Elroy and his brother Elrod ((who went to go live with a relative) are the result of my putzing around with a skull, some markers and a very limited true knowledge of a sugar skull. I also created some skellys that are not Latin at all in their perspective but they still fall within the realm of skull art.

I did make some "real" sugar skulls but .....not one of them has put their party makeup on yet. We will do that at the dumb dinner on Nov. 1. So here is someone else's picture of a genuine sugar skull.


So as you listen to Selma Hayak sing a song "La Bruja" (the witch) from the movie soundtrack Frida, I'll give you a photography walk thru my favorite skellys.



5 comments:

  1. wonderful post! great skellys and love the music! that was one of my fav movies! I am celebrating Dia de los Muertos too, stop by La Dolce Vita! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~these are amazing...i l♥ve the first one above with the red eyes...such detail put into these...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. I've always loved the detail on the Day of the Dead skulls. Can't wait to see your sugar skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last picture! I want to go to Mexico and get me one like that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.