Thursday, October 7, 2010

Inside, outside, upside down.................

Good Morning lovelies.

Gotta share this RyLeighism with you.

GK, Ry and I are working towards the Halloween Party and since yesterday was early dismissal day from school, we had time to work on the preparations. My two hambones love to pretend and are, in their own right, excellent story tellers and tale tail weavers. So because we all like a good "yarn", we made up a back story to our party, complete with a story board and timeline.

I came up with the original concept and they added bits and pieces (actually chunks and whole sections). We all enjoyed an afternoon of story embroidery and I think we have a rather interesting adventure for all of you. What? Us present an ordinary Halloween story, and miss an opportunity to watch them blossom and grow, I think not.

That being said....I was talking about the pictures I was going to take today to add to the back story and told them I had second thoughts about some of the photo ops. GK asked, are you changing the back story and I said no, the back story will stay the same. And Ry said "hey, you girls better stop, cuz I like the right side story just like it is".

Ah yes, the six year old mind.

So keep your right side stories straight and we'll visit again, ya'll.

For those of you who do not know (and there are some new followers, yay for us), it has been suggested that Ry has Asperger's (high functioning Autism). He has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year and is doing grade level work in a short peiod of time this school year, now that he is not in a dangerous and stagnant classroom setting. His logic is impeccable, his building skills are scary genius, his social interaction.....well not so much but he always sees the world slightly differently than the average bear.....and cracks me up. He is the best medicine in the world for me. Laughter and all.

10 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful gran! With that kind of love, your darlings will blossom and grow with grace. Unconditional love is an amazing thing. I'm in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, you're preaching to the chorus here in El Piso!!! Ry is a very lucky little guy too...has a wonderful set of grandmom and pop and a very progressive attitude in that particular school he's attending...know about the horror stories from the previous school...oey vey.

    Again, have to make time to send you off an email...lots happenin' around here, some good, some not so good and some just great!! That's life!!

    Love ya...the goats are missing ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY need to come live with you. Seriously. How much fun are you? And where do you find the energy? I love your creativity and you are always coming up with something else I want to "steal" - Wallene is going to LOVE this.

    Hugs to the bestest Oma in the world. Can you be mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Susan! I couldn't say it better. (duh! i'm from Cheesetown aka Froggyland, so what can you expect of my English vocabulaiery?) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is fabulous, I want to come over and play. It is amazing what power words of praise and unconditional love be. you deserve a great big hug. I like my stories straight sided too. lol. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let Ry know that right sided stories are the best! I am not thoroughly intrigued and want to hear, see, and read this story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea to foster creativity in young all ready fertile minds. Do we get to hear the story?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, Skippy, Donna & Cinner: you all are very kind and I thank you for your praise. The grands just happen to be the center of the universe for me. Lucky or unlucky depending on your perspective.......tee hee.
    And yes to Patti and Marlene. This is our story that we will be presenting on October 16th. I'm so thrilled with it and what the kiddos have come up with, well, I can hardly not tell you everything. But you'll just have to wait until next week Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almost forgot...Big G..just call, it'll be lots easier....besides, you owe me one 'member?, a phone call that is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda...
    You are one of the best grandmas I know. The time you spend with your grands is precious and love pours out of you everyday into them.
    Patrick and his wife were raising 2 grands ~ a 3 and 10 year old. He devoted his life to them introducing them to nature, teaching them to swim and much much more. He has left a part of himself with them forever.
    Bless you, Linda, for being one of the BEST!
    I have missed much here on your blog. I need to read and read and read. I look forward to the "story".
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.