Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Of all the things I do.............

On my other blog, Ye Olde Crone's Gazette, where I hide out and discuss the fate of the free world, er complain about everything, er tell about how things affect me and my life, yeah that's it, I have been participating in 30 days of truth. I stopped at about day 20 because it was getting a little too close, for about 2 weeks but have since started up again. I mean I had to face some things in my life that I hadn't thought about in a long time or ever with some of the questions. I am glad I participated. I am glad I looked at past, present and my life in general. I hope some of the insights into my persona were interesting but more than that, I'm glad my family read them.
Christmas 1950 me and my brother's "littlest brother doll"

All families serve as sounding boards to a lesser or greater degree but my grands are like facing a firing squad of emotion. It's hard to look at them and not tell them what is best for them, what is going to make them strong and happy, what is the truth because I owe them that. But when GK, not so much Ry (and yet), read some of the things I wrote, in her pure unadulterated (isn't that a weird word) straight forward manner, she informed me I needed to make some changes.
me at my grandfather's ranch in northern NM in 1952

Okay, so now that the cows have explained how to eat the cabbage, I have been set straight on many subjects. I know on some level I should be taken aback, but to be honest with you and afterall that is what we are talking about here, I am pleased. Not that I got a lecture from a 10 and 6 year old but that they feel compelled to take action and care. Yipee. The funnel that I have been using to cram "nice" into their little heads at night as they sleep is working. Sneaky Oma tactics are afoot.
me and my friend's Saint Bernard "Penelope"

I was told in no uncertain terms that my chicken approach to showing my hair and eye were unacceptable and thus the picture of me in my last post. And you know, this morning a sweet soul told me something about my picture that made it possible for me to feel okay that I let you all know what I look like. I have been ashamed of my looks and then the kids with little sweet eyes told me that that was sooooooooooooooooooo wrong and I can't hide from life. Wow, a lovelie and my grands cared enough to make me cry and redirect. With much love, I have to say thanks. And that is the truth. (Said in my best Lily Tomlin voice with a lisp and raspberry). 

10 comments:

  1. Aww, yay for getting nice into them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippeeeeeeeee!!! Now i finally know how sweet you look! Next time one with your eyes looking at the camera ok? ;-)
    Gk and RY love their Oma for sure! Even if they say your a wicked witch sometimes,hehehe!
    That's how kiddos are huh?
    I don't have them as you allready know and i never will,but my sis her youngest is 10 years old and a pain in the bud sometimes when she stays at my moms house. But she can be very sweet from time to time.
    It started snowing since yesterday! Pretty cold weather also :-(
    Hows it in New Mexico?
    xoxo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been participating in the 30 Days of Truth as well. I thought it would be easier. Look at you at your grandfather's farm. What a little sweetheart you were. I see that, like me, you've always been around animals.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE seeing your face! I too have learned, sometimes more about myself in the truth's btw I think I stole it from you but did give you credit on my page on my blog LOL anyway Thank you I only have 2 parts left, the letter to myself and the song list to do and found I have been reading back and redoing some answers with more honesty. BIG HUGS!!! and turtle kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisdom comes from many places, it doesn't require age. I'd say they are gaining wisdom from the people around them, yeah?

    I am happy to see what you look like. You look like someone I would like to know better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completed the 30 days challenge and it was very difficult at times but I trudged on. I'm so glad I did it too. You have nothing to be ashamed of dear lady. You have a lovely face andI agree you should post one of you looking at the camera. So come on, dig deep, complete those 30 days and smile for the camera! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,
    I sent you an email - not enough room in this little comment box to say what I want to.
    ♥♥♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a precious youngster that turned into a lovely lady.
    I will have to check out your 30 day truths.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, you were very cute as a little girl,
    and you are still very very sweet!
    Always always!
    Can´t wait to see what´s inside the box!
    It´s Christmas in the Vintage fairy Tales now!
    LOVE YOU
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE the pictures of YOU!!!
    Whether you are sitting at grandpa's farm with a sweet little lamb on your adorable lap or getting kisses from a Saint Bernard...you are beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.