Friday, November 19, 2010

What you don't read can cause physical discomfort.

Yesterday's post not withstanding I must address another shortcoming in my household. Okay, so it's called bitching and moaning in the vernacular of my species. Old crone that is. I saw a badge on someone else's blog that says something like, "Being a bitchy old broad is part of my charm". Ain't it the truth.

We (the adults in the household) are charged with being good role models. Statement, that is not always the outcome. I'm gonna make a confession....I am human. So are the other loving folks in the house but we often times don't read, especially directions. It's one of the things we will do, if all else fails. Yikes!!!

We (the household we) are ill alot. We (the children) like to share everything we get, very unselfish of us. We (the household) require many bottles of medication to control symptoms of the colds we share. Sometimes, the medicines look very similar. And yes you do know where I am going. Oops.

As a sewer, crafter, builder of small and unnecessary but wanted things, I believe in the saying, "measure twice, cut once. However, when it comes to other endeavors, uh, not so much??????

I was the recipient of the non-reading mess up and now we (the adults) have corrected the mass of similar looking bottles so that one of the household isn't up all night sicker from something I should not have taken than what was ailing me to begin with. I am very thankful that the kids don't dispense the liquids for colds. And I am through with guess work. Errrrrrr.

Beware the lazy for they shall get what they deserve. And now I'll break out in song......with a favorite WWI song....Read darn ya read............and then you won't have to be swaying and urpy for hours.

15 comments:

  1. Glad it just made you sicker and not worse! I am guilty of the same thing sometimes, I think most people are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~uh oh...i think you may be surprised at how many mishaps have happened in my life with medication...my dad once gave my mom the dogs tranquilizers...two to be exact...he didn't bothre to grab the bottle and read just opened and poured out two of the very similar looking pills and my mother not thinking twice gulped them down with some water...it wasn't until after she was feeling the effects did we realize what had happened!!! you are human and are forgiven for the mishap! much l♥ve and light upon you and yours...and healing blessings to keep those yuckies away~

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that cat picture takes the cake for this post. Too funny. Hope you're all better from the "poison". Are you sure it was an accident? Were you extremely bitchier to someone? hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! How many times has that happened to me!?? One too many. But then I'm just a fustercluck anyways. I do have fail safe methods in place for me now thanks to the last time I OD'd on my Darvocet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhh, sorry for your problems. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yuck, I hate when that happens!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being sick is such a drag...rest is what helps...get some!...and lay off the weird meds....tea helps but sleep is the best....

    ReplyDelete
  8. much love is the best remedy!
    so i'm sending some very big hugs your way!
    xoxo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops! That stuff does happen. I've overdosed myself on occasion simply because I didn't read the directions. Directions? Take 2 and feel better right? Ha!

    I hope you're feeling better now. Have a happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the yuckies are over and you are feeling better. I try to stick to chicken soup or broth. I try but my biggest problem is forgetting to take my meds. Get well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the accompanying cat photos... also glad to hear that a sick tummy was all that ailed you for your mishap. Truly I think such things could happen to anyone. your quote about the lazy.... so true though... I can say that because I have lived it... :-)
    blessings dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was not a fun mistake I'm sure. Hope your feeling great now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you get well vibes to the whole household, I am really careful with meds, I think. Maybe thats why the pets are acting weird. nawhh. take care. fell better. hope your all well to enjoy your wonderful Thanksgiving meal. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'tis the season for catching all types of nasty bugs. Rest up, drink lots of tea, look at lovely things and sleep with sweet dreams. I do love your blog so much and look forward to talking to you about N.M. Purrrs to you,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Guess sometimes it's useful to be allergic to practically everything, I have no range of meds, I just have to suffer lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.