Friday, December 31, 2010

My word for 2011....

Has been chosen and fallen by the wayside 3 times now in the past month. I began to think about a new word for the new year and also analyzing whether or not I had achieved my word for 2010 which was opportunity.
I go here to ponder in my mind....yeah my secret place.
I can honestly say that very few opportunities have passed me by. I have particpated in many new, fun and educational experiences. I have renewed my old venues for selling and will continue there. I have taken moments and used them to my advantage (whether it was for everyone's advantage or pleasure, I cannot judge). But I seized opporunity and did pretty well.

Now on to the new word. I hashed through my thoughts at each choosing and something felt wrong about the whole intentionality of the other three words that were up for consideration, but this one feels right.

MELD
the merging of melt and weld

to blend, merge, unite

Meld is an old word. It is a word of Brighid. It is a strong word with power in the saying of it and also the doing of it.

I have a need to meld within myself, my environment, my feelings, my family, my heart. In the melding of the components that are both positive and negative I can at last be whole. I also know that the process of melding will not be all lollipops and roses but I can at last be all that I should be, to me.
I have for all of my life tried to be for everyone around me. I can no longer do that, as I am scattered in so many ways. I will put me first this year of 2011. I will put myself together.....I would say again, but that has never been true. For the first time in my entire life, I will be whole, happier, alive and ready to be who I need to be.

I am a fortunate one that I have found the multiple blessings of friendship, kinship and love. This too will make me able to MELD, melt myself together and then weld the whole one that I desire to be.

2011 will be a hard year for those around me who have always depended on me to do for them. They will have a chance at last years word....opportunity to find that they can do it all. This year our family will face some pretty unpleasant legal and personal trevails. This is another reason "Oma Bear", as one of you has called me, needs to be whole, pulled together and stronger than the parts of me, as they exist at this moment. I shall support not do for others.

I hope that each of you finds strength, power, love, understanding and joy, mostly joy in the coming of a New Year. I am blessed by the knowing of each of you, I hope I have given you a laugh or pause to think or just a moment that we had together and that is ever in my heart.

Don't forget............Celebrate OZ is coming soon. I can hardly wait, how 'bout you???

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new goal. I need to stop doing for other people too, especially when, like one woman at work today, they are so obnoxious about you trying to help! Alas I think my project has seen the 'MUG' on my forehead, I don't think it'll be going away for me any time soon :oS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and your secret place is gorgeous.

    My older sister once told me, "You must always come first or you risk having nothing left of yourself to give. And teaching another independence is a great gift to them and their inner strength." I always try to remember this myself. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda! I like that word! I wanted to wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope that 2011 brings you health, happiness and peace of mind. Thank you for sharing you beautiful blog, I definitely will be back next year...uh...tomorrow.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meld, what a great word to keep in the back of your mind through your journey.

    Happy New Year, may you receive much strength, love, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! A word for the new year, a word to grow on. I'll have to give it some serious thought. Happy New Year you olde bagg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mina's sister is right. No reason we can't do both if we take care of us first.
    Have a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    Love your approach to a new year-meld is a wonderful plan. Happy New Year!
    xoJoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had much enjoyment from your blog these past months. I intend to follow a long in the new year too. wishing you and yours a very meldful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Vulcan Mind Meld allows to feel the inner emotions of the person you meld with. I would like to meld with myself and truly understand who I am.

    A great word choice and I love your secret ponder spot.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda... I think your plan to "meld" is a very very good idea. I might try to do a little melding myself. I wish you luck and I support you in your goal.
    I want to wish you a Happy Happy, Peace filled, Love filled NEW YEAR! It has been a joy getting to know you this year.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Change is good, my friend. I'm so happy for you. I like your new word for 2011. Haven't picked mine yet. For the last few years, mine have been MOVE and EMBRACE. Both of which served me well.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent word choice. I'm so glad we met and I treasure our friendship. Happy New Year to you and the entire household as Casa de Cuckoo. Onward and upward!

    word vert: undly. I hate low rider jeans that show your undlys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meld - very nice OB [Olde Bagg AND Oma Bear - we like!]

    You are the greatest support to so many and very much loved.

    Hugs to you my sweetie. Cheers to the New Year and you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year!

    What is this "Celebrate Oz" that your talking about? sounds interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. As per our discussion last night, love you sooo much...you're the greatest.

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, just wanted to let you know you are a winner in my blog bangle giveaway. Congrats. Please email me your postal and I will get it out to you next week. Enjoy the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, Happy New Year to you Linda.

    I positively love your secret place. It reminds me of my secret place in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful and magickal word/gift to give to yourself this year, Linda. It reminds me of alchemy with transforming one substance into another. And in the long run you will be helping others even though they may grumble and complain about your not being there so much because everyone needs to find the inner-strength as you said because there's going to be some pretty big challenges this year. I'm so glad we've become friends as I admire you so much. I know I owe you an email and I'll definitely respond to you within the next few days.

    May your melding bring you the strength of gold, the warmth of copper and the beauty of platinum. And may Hermes/Mercury bless you throughout all the legal issues...etc.. He'd be a good god to call upon this year I think. Sending you blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda I believe you will succeed!
    If you ever want to have some good advice about life,
    you know I have a special friend in The Vintage Fairy Tales,
    just ask him!
    Happy New Year to you and your lovely family
    Lots of love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.