Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm so angry, sorry and embarrassed.............and????

CELEBRATE OZ which is my first attempt at a blog party was going along just fine. I had 11 folks signed up, advertisement for it on another blog starting on the 19th of February and people excited about it.

I was extremely happy until......these goons from an internet service that rhymes with Mr. Stinky (an email actually) came knocking on my door and saying that they needed money to keep my list making links up on my blog and if not they would close my account. I know everyone is hurting for money, I'm not alone in this but I couldn't see spending the money for a one time list making tool, it didn't make sense in my world of limited funds so I declined to pay and this morning.........my list is gone. I misread the email, I thought it said I had until the 9th to get my list, nope the 7th. I can export my list but they have a bug so it may take awhile. I'm sorry. I'm angry at myself and I'm embarrassed because I am not computer literate enough to have done it for myself to begin with.

So, if you have already signed up for CELEBRATE OZ, please comment again and I will sign you up myself.

My goodness, we don't want to waste anytime on this unpleasantness when we have all the fun of the all things ozzie to contemplate. So my lovelies, if you don't see your name on the reconstructed list........get in touch with me by commenting. I can make my own list now, because my highly intelligent daughter Shelley and my wonderfully knowledgeable friend Danni saved my bacon, yet once again. 

and the service that rhymes with Mr. Stinky sucks the big green one. My opinion only.

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please don't be so hard on yourself. I would have declined payment as well and if we all had to be computer literate to take care of these things, very few of us would even be blogging. I know I wouldn't. The date...a simple over site.

    I believe all of us are more than happy to take a minute and re-add our names in your comments to join your fun. I think you have done a wonderful job and I am just as excited as before. Mr Stinky is just an a%% and not worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have named them. they're so proud of their little 'tool' (hee hee) that they want money for it or else? you should let the world know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and no need to be embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries! It just gives us all another chance to do a shout out for Ozesomeness!

    Linky's a fun tool, but absolutely not something to pay for unless you're a power user. Shame they can't provide a limited free version for folks that just want very occasional smallish linkups. But good will is sometimes neglected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in Linda! not sure what I will do but count me in hun!
    http://sherrysenicardesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an idiot, but I don't know what you're talking about...I just thought making a list on your own was all you needed, but then I've never attempted what you're doing.

    So this Mr. Stinky company sucks, is that what you're saying??? hahahahahaha!!! Oh well, don't be so hard on yourself...stuff happens and you just got good, warm fuzzy feelings with this agency or what ever it is.

    Well, need to get the laundry going...water restrictions have been lifted. For more on this last comment, you'll have to go to my FB page and read the scathing things I said about our local utility companies!! This "Big Freeze," is going to turn into the "Big Consumer Rip-Off."

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just add my name back to the list. No big deal on your part and not a problem on ours. I had no idea that Mr. Stinky charged. Please dear, do not stress out over this, it isn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You shouldn't worry Bagg - no one minds having to sign up again. It is all good. :)

    I can't wait to see all the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paying for a list? Are they nuts? No worries my dearie :-) We wont leave you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously? Paying for a list? Geez, they think a lot of themselves. Sorry, at that point the coder in me would have been right onto finding a way to make something better lol Sorry, I realise you don't have that inner coder though, and alas mine is working 70 hours a week at the day job, but sign me back up again. I hope I can make it, fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Capitalistic crap my dear, the greed of some individuals & companies knows no end, they should hang their heads in shame... sometimes I think robots have already taken over human form and the 'human' in 'humanity' is becoming a think of the past :( Maybe like the tinman they could do with a heart? Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We would love to join you!
    http://marthaandjane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. How rude of Mr. Stinky! I'm glad you didn't paid any money because that would insane. The way the economy is right now, there is no way that we can fail to use available FREE resources to bring a little fun to our lives and that of others. So I'm still in, my dear luv! Here is the link to my writing blog:

    http://magalyguerrero.blogspot.com/

    I started working on the story already. It will be a three part mini-series (that can be read as separate stories) I'll post March 5th, 12th, and the grand finale on March 19th. I finished the first part last night and was extremely pleased if I might say so myself ;-)

    Many hugs, my Wicked Darling, and we'll Celebrate OZ in grand. Eat your heart out Mr. Stinky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm such a dork, you already had me there, but at least I got to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. count me in
    tkm1960@cox(dot)net
    use the .

    www.theheartofwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.