Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Day after Celebrate Oz

First I must say a heartfelt thank you to all of the participants of CELEBRATE OZ 2011. Everyone had a different take on Oz and each was wonderful. From the articles of witchy clothing, to childhood memories, to wonderful collections of Ozzie goods, tea parties, fabulous artwork, great new tales of Oz, each participant gave something of themselves to this dream ....somewhere over the rainbow.

I was amazed, touched, tickled and delighted that we pulled this one off with such panache and style. You all are truly the sparkle of Oz.

Next I must say that being my first time hosting I learned so very much. It's good when you're as old as I am to say I learned something new and I did indeed.

Nobody gets to see thewi zard, not nobody, not no how. I know that you will think I am harsh like a Neg but remember in this reality that I say "Nice Matters" and I believe it. Having said that.....some of the people who signed up for C O just couldn't and they each let me know that and I love you all the same, maybe most of all because you were polite and let me know. Life happens and so does doodoo even in Oz. So I took your name off the participants list. XOXO. But for those who didn't say anything and didn't participate.....your name is gone too. And being the nasty neg I am, I can't say anything except, you missed out on something amazing. And I am sure we would have loved what you might have had to offer.

So our list is the official 2011 list and I shall leave it up on my sidebar until April 19. That way if you want to check back with someone or if someone comes along and wants to see what we did......there we will be. And with your permission, I will contact you next year around end of January with the date for CELEBRATE OZ 2012, thewi zard willing and the creek don't rise. I'll sing, "Come out, come out wherever you are and meet the young lady who fell from a star".

18 comments:

  1. Personally, I was thrilled to be a part of this wonderful Celebration of Oz. Oz is such an integral part of American culture and so many people find such unique and intriguing ways of displaying their Love for Oz.

    Her Majesty, Princess Ozma is very pleased and looks forward to next years celebration.

    Carpe Luna!

    James C. Wallace II
    Royal Liaison to Princess Ozma

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet you are....and you're adventure was the best ever....until next year. Please don't forget to invite me. Thank you so very much!!!!
    Boom
    mygardenrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the OZ party very much! I almost couldnt make it! But i worked my bud off to be ready just in time :-) I sure gonna party with all of you next year! Who should i sculpt?...hmmm... the tinman? or Dorothe? Well she :-)
    xoxo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy I was involved with this wonderful adventure! And, I thank-you for putting it all together ;o) Here's to next year! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda baby, you know how to throw a party! I had such fun day visiting everyone. I've mead a few friends too! I think I might even get to pester someone into giving some sewing tips, how cool is that? And oh my, the diversity! I'm so glad I was part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a wonderful time in this adventure. It made me crawl out of my comfort zone and that is something I really don't do enough of. You are the perfect host and did such a marvelous job I never would have guessed it to be your first. I would be honored to participate again next year. Many blessings to you and yours, sweet Oma Linda on this fine first day of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great OZFest, bloggy style. I enjoyed visiting around to the various celebrants' blogs. What a wonderful bunch of creative and fun people around here. Looking forward to next year! Thanks a bunch Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so tickled that I got to be a part of this magical group and all the OZ happenings .... Thank you Linda, for your so kind invitation and all your hard work that paid off so well! I had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for leaving me up there, I will definitely be done by then, and will check out everyone's posts too (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't thank you enough for allowing me to be a part of the amazing party! I have never done anything like this before but I can tell you I can't wait to do it again....please do invite me next year!
    I went to visit every single blog and I enjoyed everyones version...I am delighted that I made some new friends...so creative!
    Again, thank you for the opporunity this was a most amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry I missed this and soooo sorry I did not contact you ahead of time to say so. I will be wandering through the list and visiting every page over the next few weeks. I'm so glad you are leaving the list up for a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for letting me play. I had so much fun I am still playing with a post today and another tomorrow. Maybe next year too.

    Thanks again for all the sweet things you said about me and my girls. Always remember you had the power along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, please do let me know when you have info on next year's celebration.. I look forward to it! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness! I was out of town and forgot my post! Is it too late?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry I missed this party, Linda. I even bought a special door prize for the event. I loved visiting everyone and perhaps I'll start planning my WOZ blog post NOW so I won't miss it next year. Thank you for inviting everyone to Oz in such a wonderfully witchy way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and your bloggy friends are such a talented group of gals - it was fun visiting [still working my way through!] I wish I could've participated but my lips got in the way. giggle

    Tell S. I said hush up - I had very good intentions. heehee And I made my bitty contribution anyhoodle ::wink::

    Love you all! And thanks this was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda!!!! I am so excited I am just back home in Coolum from Sydney where my family celebrated my mum's 80th birthday... she isn't into computers so it was detox on that front, but she sure knows how to party... continuing on in that vain I am now going to check out all the other participants (thank's for leaving links up) & also let blogettes know they have a few hours before I close off my door prize ;) I'm so pleased to have taken part in this Oz party, you are a gem to organise & I'm EXTRA pleased my posting went up as (pre)scheduled so all those beautiful people could come visit, see & read my little Oz inspired post while I was off interstate! HUGS! Shellex

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.