Thursday, March 24, 2011

I don't know if you remember but....What is it?

Last year, I can't remember when exactly, but I took a photo of an object and asked what is it?

I got some really interesting answers to that question. The item was the inside white skin of a grapefruit that GereaKaye had just peeled. It looks for all the world like a faeries wing. We still have it in a bottle on our collection shelf. It dried perfectly and still looks like a faeries wing.

So because this will be my 499th post on this blogsite.....here's this times....what is it? The first person to correctly guess what it is will get their choice of one of my "not quite right" hearts from my Etsy shop.

I'll announce the winner on Sunday when I announce the 6 winners of the Celebrate Oz give aways. Good Luck lovelies.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like some sort of fruit that's been sun dried....I was gunna say tomato but those aren't tomato seeds lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... it's NOT a tomato... it's NOT a banana... can you win for knowing what it's not??? OK, I bet it's probably not a persimmon but I'm gonna go with it...
    A PERSIMMON????
    That's it, I'll come back later to check what the frag it is you old teaser ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't the foggiest but I will be back to see what others think and to find out what it is. Congrats on the pending 500th. Wow.
    I'm over a hundred behind you and admire your stamina and continued creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pepper. And congrats on the 500th post. You go girlie.

    [How many if you add both blogs - wow!]

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... Is it a dried up tomato?.. Oops.. No? I see someone else guessed that too. Well, whatever it is, have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to go with pomegranite. I had one dry up once and this looks like a relative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to guess it's the end of a red pepper or maybe something else entirely. Honestly, I haven't the foggiest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knows? The remains of a dried up pumpkin maybe? :)

    And here somehow I missed that you even had an Etsy shop. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still going for apple. I can see that pentagram in the middle. I don't know any other fruit that does that. Unless you have a mutated garden. Do you have a mutated garden? 'Cause if you do, I want some overgrown mangoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no clue as to what that is, but I love the composition of the photograph itself. All of the lines lead your eye right to that critter, whatever it may be. Nice!

    word vert: mempted. I'm mempted to say pomegranate with the rest of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its an apple, so Magaly wins! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it might be a persimmon, but is probably a pomegranite...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.