Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mad Tea Pary hostess soon to make an announcement......................

The thrill of the hunt, the roar of the crowds........nah none of that just a whole lot of bloggers doing their own tea party on a specific date. A Fanciful Twist will be hosting her 4th Mad Tea Party in about a month. This year there is a hint of "Rabbits, Flamingoes and Gnomes, Oh My".

Last year the grands and I had a super time of showing you our version of the White Queen and the Hatter. Why yes it was some work and some planning and some kinda fun.



So I have been watching closely to see when the announcement would be made because: GK has her Red Queen costume planned, Ry will be the White Rabbit and well.....we've already got our props ready. All that will be left to do is the doing.

So the very next post from A Fanciful Twist should in fact be the formal invitation. I hope you will consider joining in the fun....I mean really, who better know how to throw a magickal tea party than a gaggle of witches, crones, lovelies and fun seekers. You all did such a fabulous job of Celebrating OZ, certainly we can entertain each other for tea.

Go check out what she has done in the past. Here is the link to our last year attempt......And for goodness sake don't eliminate the possibilities of your own spin...for instance, sketches or paintings of Alice or the Rabbit, oh Santa's at the tea, stories written to enjoy, crafts made especially for the celebration, tablescapes of cupcakes, scones, tea and beer er a wine. However you envision your Mad Tea. You are a talented bunch of lovelies...come and play...or on the day just enjoy the going and reading of what others have done. That's what I did in '09 and we haven't stopped joining in the insanity ever since.

Happy Spring Sunday.

11 comments:

  1. Count me in!!!! And my good friend Guapo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and the grands did a marvelous job with the tea party last year. I can't wait to see what you've got going on this time around. If I can find the old thinking cap and come up with something theme related I just might join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... Curiouser and curiouser.. It sounds VERY intriguing. I don't know what I could even make or plan yet.. But I will certainly give it some thought! Hope you're having a beer.. oops.. er, I mean.. a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I have to start painting! And, I will bring the beer! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I had fun with your Celebrate Oz, I am considering joining in on the Mad Tea Party this year. Usually I'm just a voyeur! Thanks for the pep talk!!! Your tea party offering last year was pretty awesome! Kids adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see their costumes. I won't join in but will definitely be a lurker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awaiting the event with bated breath....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You love to get me in delicious trouble, don't you? You well know you can't post about something with so much pink and glitter on it and expect me to stay away. Bring on the twisted fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your hugs and healing thoughts. I hope to be back by the weekend and I cannot wait to see your mad tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmmmmmmm...very interesting...I was hoping someone would do something wicked with Alice!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.