Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, First day of summer vacation, solar elipse, new moon.......

Wow, you know sometimes one day has a whole lot to fill it up. And then there are days that have no social significance on a calendar but are so filled with things to do that you can't hardly hang on to things as they fly by. I think it's that feast or famine of which the learned people speak.

The blur of furniture moving, not knowing which box holds what very important thingamabob, forgetting where we sit to watch TV as compared to where we eat breakfast and many other changes one encounters on a daily basis here at Casa de Cuckoo since the 52 card pickup furniture toss, are okay and yet a bit confusing for those of us who are (here are the big bunny ears) "normal", whatever that really means.

But for Sunny Bunny and Ry....well things are new and improved. I thought for sure that Ry would have a difficult time because change in schedule and environments generally makes him a wack job. It always has had a simiar effect on the orange marmalade tabby that runs the house but in both cases, they are loving the new places to play, hide and generally wreck havoc with the "normals". So there ya go, just when I thought I had a handle on the mire existence of terror in the small things.....the all clear signal has sounded and no one is upset.

Except me, cuz I can't seem to find things I need, but this will come in time.

Don't forget to go to my 2nd Anniversary blog and enter to win one of 3 of the mermaids I made. And even though it's a bit on the raunchy side....listen to the mermaid's song....cracks me up. The winners will be announced on the 13th of June.

12 comments:

  1. Good grief woman, what a way to spend the weekend! I'm glad the cuckoos are adjusting well and that Ry and his co-conspiring ginger cat friend are enjoying the changes.

    I've been so lax with my visiting folks that I didn't see the giveaway before. I'm on my way over now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Ry is going with the flow and enjoying the changes.
    Arkansas Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are settling nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh so, your descriptions of things are so vivid. I am sure I would get along just fine at Casa du Cucoo, and I am saying that in a loving way. hugs to you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can picture you looking for stuff and making faces. I was about to feel sorry for you, but I'm too happy about Ry being cool with the change that I can't be sad about anything--sorry.

    P.S. My hair is almost back to my lovely nothing-special-but-I-love-it-so-damn-much brown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still not quite sure, are you just moving around inside your existing home, or did you move to a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Smile, boy change can be daunting but fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned a very quick moving trip whether it's to a new house or rearranging the old one. Take a photo (instant or digital) of everything in one of your packing boxes and then when you print it out, you tape it on top of the box so you can see what's in it. Just something to remember...

    And I think everyone maintaining some form of "sanity" is because Oma hasn't totally cracked up...yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Linda, I am so happy that Ry and your orange tabby are feeling comfortable with everything being changed around! I hope you will start finding things soon! LOL! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You see! All turned out just fine :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a way to spend the weekend! Glad the furniture upheaval and change were no big deal and all adjusted better than expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad that the rearranging of living space has not caused any stress on Ry or Sunny Bunny. It's a wonderful world when everyone can adapt with little or no dilemma. I can only imagine the uniquely "normal" life at your enchanting home with that treasure of a family you share your world with. May the coming days at Casa de Cuckoo be filled with love and magical adventures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.