Saturday, June 4, 2011

So many things to look forward to................

This coming week will be the only full week I will have with the grands all day until the first of August. The boy starts school mid August, Ms Thang starts first of Septmeber. They are going into a summer program and will have to be up and out of the house earlier than they are when they go to school. The Mommy will pick them up from program when she finishes at work in the afternoon. So not much time with them at the end of summer either.

Do you have any idea how much trouble I am bound to get into without supervision???? GK voiced her concern this morning as she and I were doing some customizing of her Red Queen outfit for the Alice "to do". I think it is sweet that she thinks I'll be lonely and lost for "all those hours alone". lol

She has nary a clue that I am going to be sewing things that have needed to be attended to since before they moved in here in '09. I'm finally going to make my Guatemalan icot patchwork bedspread...every old hippies dream in shades of blue and purple and red with a turquoise boarder. The squares have been cut for almot 3 years. 'Bout time I got to it. Maybe even have time to get out my summer clothes....didn't even get to that last year. And I also am going to sew some the "baggs" (purses) that I had in mind when I started this blog 2 years ago.

I am the Olde Bagg and Joe (alias Sweet Man renamed to Mr. Oblivious) is the Stuft Shirt part of the deal.

Anyway, I hope to have no time for pictures except for Ms. Baggs the crone roving reporter on my other bloggie Ye Olde Crone's Gazette as we adventure together through the life of an old woman with no grandkids. I promise to send the risque ones to those of you that request them in private emails and plain brown wrappers. tee hee. Can you tell I'm a getting bit giddy about all this?

But for this week.......we are going to paint a doll's castle black, green and purple and start on the furnishings for our Halloween haunted castle, finish the house for the fae for Litha, bake Donkey cookies which are called Paco treats, (no not shaped like them but for the donkeys to eat) for an adventure we were invited to next Sunday and if we have any spare time we are going to just play the heck out of the Wii. This is not gonna be a time for any world shattering informational, educational things but just fun. I need me some fun and so do the grands. And we'll eat dry cereal, fresh fruit, or Paco treats and call it good......Oma ain't cooking this week. Maybe we'll do some take out.

16 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect, you'll be so exhausted it may take you 'til their August visit to recuperate... My hubby's away visiting his parents for their Golden Anniversary this weekend... my 14 & 16 year old went with me down to the beach ate sushi after dropping him at the airport, came home & we dragged another mattress upstairs all sat up eating popcorn & drinking sodas (actually my bubbles was a picolo of domestic sparkling wine) & watched a Miley Cyrus movie (uggh but what can you do, it wasn't that important what movie we watched) It was like a big sleepover, fun, pillows, popcorn debris... reading about you not seeing the grandkids for a while when you are obviously so thrilled to have their company makes me a little sad, but I guess you have some closed photo sessions to look forward to, & yes I'll be awaiting the results mailed to me in brown paper wrapping ;) Enjoy your kiddy time you sweetheart you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun, busy with with the Grandkids...hope you all have a ball! Starting Halloween so early?! Guess I should really start thinking ahead LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the upcoming week, but enjoy your "me time" even more! Sounds like you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a plan and a good one at that. Enjoy the time with the grands and be productive when you can. I had my grands living with me for years when they were young and there are times now when I'd give anything to turn back the clock. You have to build the memories so when they're grown you can do remember whens with them at family get togethers. Can't wait to see the fruits of your productive time. Quilts and bags, Oh my! I might be inspired to dig out the quilt blocks I cut out 15 years ago. From one old bag to another, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect Summer is shaping up. This coming week sounds busy, but if your not cooking then it should be a glorious time. Things in brown paper wrappers sounds intriguing. I want to see your "hippy" bedspread when you finish, but it is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old hippie dreams - being one myself - can't wait to see the finished bedspread. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the up coming week Linda ;o) It sounds like so much fun! You are a busy young lady! I would love to see the Guatemalan icot patchwork bedspread! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl, you must share a picture of that patchwork bedspread. Love the colors and the hippie motif. Peace, love, rock n roll and whatever else I can remember. Of course I can't remember a thing from the 70's. ;-)

    It is too precious that GK worries for your happiness "all those hours alone." What an amazing little soul she is. If you so get into too much trouble without supervision, give me a shout. I will be your alibi. Not sure how, but we're smart girls. We'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is wonderful!!

    I've just made a new blog about free vintage images. You can use them if you want in your wonderful works :-)

    And this invitation is for everyone, your followers too.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A whole summer to sew and play?! I WANT!!! So completely jealous, but looking forward to seeing what you dream up :oD

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet your grands think you will wither with out them.
    Enjoy your "free" time, just don't let them know how much.
    Arkansas Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have some very exciting things planned out! that's what summer is all about, enjoy every moment, and don't forget to show us some pics :-)
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your time off, or is it time on? Whatever, it will be different and that can be good. I do look forward to seeing your ikat quilt, should be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This makes me smile! And yes, I want the risque pictures as well as pictures of the quilt in progress. Enjoy the grands and enjoy your free time :-) Peace friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.