Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bedbug charm...............

It has been over a month since I introduced you to our new friend Bopp. He came to live with us from Martha and Janes. M&J are two very inventive and highly imaginative critters with a great sense of adventure. Their stories are so sweet and mysterious and dare I say bizarre? Hello pot, it's the kettle calling. So if you have not been over to visit them....please do. There's a rumor in the wind that there might be more Bedbugs by the uber talented and sweet Valerie Weberpal. So head's up lovelies.
Now back to the sweetest, most stubborn, sperled and delightful Bedbug I have ever had the great fortune to meet.....Bopp which if you missed the intro to Bopp, you can go back to this link and then you'll know that Bopp stands for Bedbug of Plaid Pants.

The story of the fairy and Bopp ended badly. I'll go back to it when I am not so verklempt about it and regale you with the details. But Bopp, the lethario has moved on to his current "love of his life". She is his size, blue and is from The Netherlands....need I say more. He is smitten with her smile, starry gaze and the fact that she is willing to be there for any and all crazy adventures he may have planned. She a wild child with wanton ways.....just the way Bopp likes um.
Here is the bed that Bopp picked out...Bedbugs are very particular about their beds. It is a vintage cigar box, his sheets are black and white gingham, his blanket is crocheted loopy wool strand. I included a guardian donkey angel dedicated to and named for Morning Bray Farms donkey Fergus who passed away recently. It seemed only fitting and proper. We all need a guardian angel.

Bopp wanted to have a bed that would double for a couch and so I accommodated him. (You should see the pout he puts on if he doesn't get his way, sheesh.) He seems to be quite secure and comfortable in his space and will move into his permanent housing as soon as it becomes available. He is on the list.

In the meantime he arranged for a donkey pulled wagon ride for he and his sweetie Bunnykins. His buddies Wonky and Puddle the donkeys provided the go, the flying baby monkey watched to make sure the Bedbug and Bunnikins were safe, Mr. Doodlewood pushes the wheels and acted as brakes and Ted the titmouse lead the parade.
I am pretty sure that Bopp likes it here. He purrs when he sleeps and has been known to sneak up and give me a smooch from time to time. Good thing he's wearing his anti itch button.
Shhhhhhhhh.....Bopp is taking his afternoon nap....we'll just tippy toe out now.

13 comments:

  1. Bopp seems to be fitting right in and has everyone wrapped around his little finger doing his bidding. Does Bopp have fingers? Bopp and Bunnykins make a darling couple and dare I say it? It does look like the real thing between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear you make me laugh. When are you going to write a book?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, glad to hear Bopp's settling in so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bopp's the only kind of bedbug that I want to hear about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, thanks for the smile and laugh! I agree with artistamyjo, when are you writing a book???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been back reading a bit as I haven't been able to do all the reading I'd like this month...Hope things have calmed down a bit for you...sounds like things have been a bit rough...didn't read all the comments, but I'm sure that all of us are on your side and keeping you and yours safe as best we can...so sorry about the donk...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great start to my morning to read this. I'm looking forward to the next installment of Bopp's Bodacious Adventures.

    word vert: eneside. Seeing your world from the eneside is also quite an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice surprise! :-) I haven't been blogging for a while and today i want to catch up again and see this wonderful story with my bunnybabe! You make me smile again Linda! Thank you! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beakman Bedbug and I are Enthralled by this Fabulous story!!! That bed is just so perfect- so masculine!! And the comfy covers and the sweet little Guaridan Angel Donkey! And that beautiful Bunnykins (Bedbugs ARE Romantic!) I can't wait to see more! Love ll the inhabitants of Casa de Cuckoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm whisper-typing in order not to wake Bopp. What a handsome fellow. No wonder the blue fairy lady is crazy about him. And gods do I LOVE that bed? And I want my own donkey guardian, I used to have a winged pig, but it flew to my nieces bedside, never to be seen *sigh*. I'm glad Bopp likes his home. I love his furniture and his linen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol Glad Bopp is settled in...how cute is he!?! You are absolutely adorable and I just love your stories. :) Your grands are the luckiest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You tell GREAT tales Linda... when I visit I often (mentally) feel like I'm settling in on your lap to hear a wonderful, magical story... and always very satisfied at the tales conclusion, just wonderful :) Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Miss Oma Linda, what a wonderful space you have made for Bop. I really must tell you that you would be doing the world a great favor if you wrote books about such magical creatures. And I see that is not my opinion alone. Take care, my dear friend and hug those precious grands for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.