Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yes, I guess I am a fuddy duddy.........

You all are so much of the reason I keep on keeping on....yep, you and the grands. I know from my rants and haranges in the past you can tell I'm a bit manic. No, really Linda? We really hadn't noticed, as you duck and run.

I do so attempt to control my ups and downs publicallly as best as humanly or in my case croneally possible. I don't like to disappoint anyone. I don't like to take advantage of anyone and I really (I know it seems like I do, but I don't) enjoy laundering in public.

Most of my life I have felt outsane....not insane. I am outside the scope of sanity. Fun but a bit tiring as I ride my own rollercoaster. Maybe that's why I enjoy outsider art, because it is what I have been doing for such a long time....outside of what others do. Anyway to the point at hand.

I have added the gosh I love you but I can't play button on the sidebar because there are those of you out there who love me enough to honor me with awards and I can't face them. I put them off thinking that tomorrow will be a better day....and that Scarlett and I can reach down deep inside and say something witty and charming and pleasing.....well kids......the rope is raveling at the ends and I must say, I can't put pressure on myself.

For those of you who are wonderfully normal and have all your eggs tucked happily in your flower covered baskets, I am sorry to disappoint you. I still love you, I still need your approval of me but I can't even remember real things right here in this plane of existence and I hope you will accept my humble apology for being a rotten game player now a days. I'm hoping it will work it's way out of my system but............who knows. I don't plan on going away, I just want to be honest with you and let you know that I will no longer accept the honor of awards.

As you can tell by the tone of this post that things here in Casa de Cuckoo are "on the edge". I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill someone so we'll skip the bloody parts. Just know I think about all of you my lovelies and will be here (with my imaginary friends as Dr. Fuzzyface calls you all) when I can. Send spells of healing, light candles of hope and for goodness sake.....pray for us.

20 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin on, our favorite outsane lady! Sending you long distance peaceful thoughts, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, time for a phone call!!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you need, if I can do anything to help, I'm here for you. I know how it is to be outsane, just never had a name for it until now. In case you haven't guessed we're two of a kind. I'm pulling for you Kiddo. Sending as much peace and good thoughts as I can muster up. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. hang in there,la la land improves with time!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems a lot of us are in a strange land, aren't we? Whether we're up or down, we all need a break. And dare I hear you deman yourself for being a "rotten player"? Tisk, tisk ; ) There are no rotten players, there's just us and I'm learning and remembering all the time that who we are and what we give has to be enough. For ourselves and anyone else who wants to journey with us in the blogosphere or in the external world of the loonies...

    Take care of yourself, Linda and know you're loved, whatever ride you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are my friends in the white jacket with the snazzy zippers in the back knocking on your door. DAMMIT! I told those fuckers that just because I've got my family here visiting this week that they need not find other patients.

    Hang in there woman. No one has their eggs packed nicely in a basket. Those fools who claim to be "sane", they're the crazy assholes.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie Pie, I love you because I can see me in you--while you are and while you are down. As Mina might say, it takes as set of ginormous ovaries to tell the world, "I'm in pain. I'm sad; maybe even pissed. I'm not in the mood. I'm feeling like a bit of a mess, but that doesn't mean I don't love you." I think, my love, that what has brought a few of us together is the fact that we are so alike and we have so much going on in our lives (good, bad, wicked and cuckoo) but we still keep on keeping.

    I'm sending you healing kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normal doesn't exist. It's a fairy tale made up by insecure people in order to make other people more insecure than them. Life is messy and truthfully I don't think any of us would have it any other way.
    Be you. That's all any of us would ever ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who the hell has all their eggs packed neatly in a flower covered basket? I've yet to meet anyone who wasn't only outwardly so and if I ever did meet a true one, I'd be creeped out. I love us loonies best of all; it's the messes and the quirks that make us interesting and lovable.

    I'm seconding what Magaly predicted Mina saying, it definitely takes some seriously huge ovaries to be honest about yourself. And I admire that strength and honesty much more then the ability to sugar coat it. As a wise friend of mine once said, "any asshole can tell you how he feels from behind a keyboard. Doesn't make it true."

    Love ya Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I love ya! I'm lighting candles for you ;o) Thank you for your honesty! That's why I treasure you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quod Northmanni? Quid Est Veritas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope things settle down and calm reigns supreme for you and your family. Lot of people don't like dealing with blog awards so you are not alone in that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. there are lots more serious things to deal with than silly awards. You do what you know is right.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deep breaths and think of pleasant things like donkeys and turtles. Hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hang in there sweetie! I don't know a single person in my life that has all their ducks in a row or is "normal". I honestly don't believe that exists anymore, so don't beat yourself up. Take the time you need and deal with whatever is going on in your life. :) It always gets better...well for a bit anyway. lol ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your crony curmugeony self. But I get the whole award thing being the black hole of awards that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You need a shovel party? Let me know, I think I can fly in and out pretty quickly ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Linda, let's just all be honest here...half the time I can't even find the damn basket to put my eggs in!

    It is the human paradox of us all. We are damaged, fragile and lost; We are beautiful, strong and grounded. I will be frank; whether you post any awards I pass, ever read my blog again, ever comment on my blog, ever allow my comments on your posts, nothing will change the fact that I have grown exceedingly fond of you and your grands and actually feel a kindred spark between us. I cannot explain nor will I attempt to. It is what it is and it is beautiful in it's own right.

    Be who you are and not what others wish you were. You cannot disappoint anyone and if someone chooses to be disappointed, it is not your problem.

    If you need anything, and I mean anything, please let me know. I love you as you are and that is from the bottom of my heart. Sending you blessings of prayer and peace, my sweet and dear friend. - Mina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, Linda ~ hugs, love and kisses for all of you are traveling across the country as I type this. Be who you are ~ that's who we love. I will hold all of you in my heart till this storm passes.
    xo audrey

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.