Tuesday, August 23, 2011

RyLeigh's school update.........

I have from time to time shared some RyLeighism's with you and also some of his inside, outside, upside down views on the world. This would be one of those.

Ry spent this last week, more in the regular second grade class with his SE teacher or the education aide the first two days and then he walked himself to class and stayed all day on Thurs and Friday...Are we happy or what? He is working at grade level and so on Thursday when the class listened to a audio book, he was right there with them....until.......he had to make a report to the teacher afterwards.

He said he couldn't listen to the book anymore because the reader had said a bad word. Now let me stop here and say....that's funny because he lives with me. I have no governor for my potty mouth most of the time and the kids just ignore me or give me a hard time about trying to "be better". Anyway, the teacher took him very seriously and even went back and listened to the portion of the book and then emailed Shelley with the whole incident.

Seems the reader used the word "shan't". And Ry thought they had said, as he put it "the sh word". The teacher was impressed that he had been listening as intently as he had, reported what he thought was a mistake and then explained how he could not be involved in something like that again.

What we are impressed by is that the teacher told us. Actually took the time to let us know what had happened. Ry was impressed too because they "listened" to him. Wait for it.........

Then he told me that they were gonna change the reader of the book because she must have gone to school with me and doesn't know the real words to use. Cracks me up.....but I shan't be offended.

13 comments:

  1. LOL! Good for Ry, good for the teacher, and good for you all! Who says "shan't" anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was priceless. Ry is one wonderful kid but you know that already. So Gram has a potty mouth? Really? Heehee...I'm so happy he's doing so well. Keeping everything crossed that it stays this way or gets even better.
    Have a great day and give Ry an extra hug and make it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress can be a wonderful thing...brought a tear to my eye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I've always misliked the word "shan't" -- it's so terribly, terribly British and stuffy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLMAO, and to Debra, it's normally used by toddlers having tanturms 'shan't, shan't, shan't' no idea what Brits you think you know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Yeh for Ry and yeh to the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just spent over five minutes looking for a witty thing that included the word 'shan't'. I couldn't find any, and the investigation is annoying me. I shan't waste any more time at it. Ta ta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to be an example of what not to be. Wait, did that come out right? Too funny. Thrilled that the little guy is integrating well and that he finally has a teacher who CARES! Yay for that!

    word vert: diall. Guess you'll have to diall it back a bit, huh Oma?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ry is really making amazing progress and to be listening that intently to catch the one word. Hugs to Ry and great job and Hugs to the teacher for being so observant. I'm really impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Aww, I am so glad he is doing so well at school. Send him all our love from bloggy land! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! You are so amazingly witty!

    Regarding RY's experience I am grinning from ear to ear. This is wonderful news all the way around. I could almost actually shed a tear of happiness for my handsome little man. I think you are all in for a good year. Perhaps you should email his school staff from last year and tell them all what shant's they were. Sending blessings of love to all of your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great story. Glad he is doing so well. I shall not use the sh words in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ry is such a lovely little guy,
    love this, love you all!
    XX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.