Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A really long time..................

My chats with and to you have lessened as the 52 card pickup rendition of house beauteous has worn on and on ad infinitum.

It was as much my fault as it was anyone else's around here. If I don't crack the whip then the masses just mess around having a good time and we all know what happens next. Yep, summer's gone and the piper is at the door asking for his tuppence. And of course in this economy we are the proverbial tuppence late and tuppence short. But I got heavy handed last Thursday and the masses scurried about and stuff got done.....not finished but done.
I have spent the better part of this week, toting that barge and lifting that bale and .....don't look now but there are no boxes in the dining room, living room, my bedroom, they have all gone to live in the garage (in the proper locations, says the meanest woman on the face of the earth, which is my new title), or to charity shops or to recycle or were picked up by the large item pickup garbage truck this morning. Tomorrow I shall deliver the last bit of "crapee" to it's intended new home and list the furniture that does not have a place here at Casa de Cuckoo on Craigslist.
"meanest woman in the world" crown
And for the first time in almost two years I have sight of the light at the end of the tunnel and nope it's not the 2:15 Railrunner to Santa Fe. Two households melded into one and it only has taken us two years to do so. Damn, we're good...uh, what???????

Back in the day, when my legs, back and arms were unstoppable and I was even more intolerant of messes than I am now, there was no way I would have let the mess stand as is for more than maybe two weeks, let alone two years. But with my inability to move faster than pancake syrup, I can and do let a lot more things go to seed for which the masses (older variety) are most grateful and the youngers (grands) have a skewed view of messy intolerance on my part. I keep telling the grands they are so lucky I am older....or they would be lots busier.
So all that blah, blah, blah brings me to my point for this blog. It is my intention to renew my fervor on this blog and post more tales of tails, views on my growing up in New Mexico and the world as seen by the pancake syrup speed woman of the house.

XOXO Linda

16 comments:

  1. Love your post, of course love pancake syrup, never have managed just to keep it on the pancakes, like your mess, it spills over onto everything until you just have to sop it up best way you can LOL... thinking the grandkids are probably pleased they met you when you were a bit older, so they could enjoy your wisdom at sightly less than the speed of all things sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I always suspected you were the meanest woman on the face of the earth ;o) Can't think what else you all may have been up to, after all, there's not an elaborate blog party coming up or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I have yet to accomplish that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you are my inspiration - my own de-boxing, putting things where they belong, etc, has slowed to molasses this past month while my body rebels. As long as it doesn't take longer than two years, I'm good! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet it feels great to have all that done! Wear your crown proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting that blending of two house holds done. Hey, two years isn't bad all things considered. I too know a little something about moving slower these days. I used to move like the road runner but now it takes all day just making the pancakes. Now's the time to sit back and enjoy. Halloween is only 45 days away. Hugs to all at Casa de Cuckoo...job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an inspiration to all of we savers of anything.
    think I will become the second meanest woman around and find my whip. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oldest son and his girl moved in here a few months ago - I need to do what you did and get 'er done once and for all. But sooner then you did. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Funny, stuff, Linda!! I applaud you for getting it done. We moved into this house 6 years ago and I have yet to get everything organized and put where it belongs. Lack of time, lack of motivation, and tired bones are the culprits. I work on it little by little and pray I am around long enough to get it all done. lol! Not to mention, other things just seem more important.
    Glad for you that you got it done. Love the crown, although I doubt you are really the meanest woman in the world! (:
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The meanest woman on the face of the earth"? Um, whomever called you that needs to spend a couple of days with me and really see some shit : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lift a glass to the meanest woman on the face of the Earth. Now, don't beat yourself up for taking two years; put that behind you and carry on. The tasks are getting done. And hurray for more posts from you, cos, we love to hear about your world! Stay well and happy, and keep on keeping on!! Hugs and bright blessings to you from me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya!! This is one "slower than pancake syrup to another," talking...hey, I'm getting a hankering for pancakes now!!!

    I've spent too much time with those who are slower than we....I'm "geriatriced out!!!" Took my mother and her cronies to a friend's funeral yesterday...my gawd, it was like ol' home week!! Sadly, the only time you get all these people together, is at a funerals!!

    So today, I get to play "almost senior citizen Georgina," and get my slower as pancake syrup ass into the studio...oh wait, Michaels too....oh yay...it's those leetle things that make my day....now for some pancakes!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel your pain on the foot-draggers. That is the Mister to a T. Which is why my to-do list is around 8 gazillion pages long.
    Can't wait for more posts and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your title. I would love to be any kind of "est" type person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, you're the best! You meanest woman in the world, never ;o) But, if I got a crown, I would wear it ;o) I love pancake syrup ;o) Can't wait ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crack that whip, girl! Sometimes we just gotta do it. I love your crown and I hope you wear it proudly. Meanest woman in the world? lol - You sure got them fooled, don't you?

    I look around my home and wish I had more time in the day for organizing and tidying but well, as I have grown older it just seems more important to do things I truly enjoy. When those dust bunnies take over, I pull out the big guns but I am not nearly as anal as I used to be. At least in some ways. Well I love pancake syrup and I love you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.