Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Santa Fe Ren Faire............

Nope, this one is not like the Colorado or North Carolina Ren Faires we have been to in the past but I must say that the kids enjoyed this just as much as the slick operation ones maybe even more because of the wide open spaces to play and pretend.

The Santa Fe Ren Faire is held on a wonderful historic bit of land called Los Golondrinas (the swallows). During the year, events reinacting colonial life, civil war battle and harvest festivals are held on this beautiful acreage just west of the former Downs of Santa Fe race track.

There were belly dancers, pirates, dragons, jousting knights, madrigal singers, royalty to observe, fairies to watch, goats and a herd of (yep you guessed it) donkeys, two were named was Chocolate and Sprinkles, fire dancers, eats, drinks and contests of skill and daring. The grands came home with huge smiles, hats, crowns and were absolutely done in from a day of fun.
Ry was sure that the knights needed his help to defeat the pirates who had taken over the castle and GK showed the belly dancer how she could shake and shimmy and spoke politely to the royals, with a "by your leave your majesty" as they made there way through the pretend fest. Yep my grands are Ren dorks and know the drill all too well.

Be well my lovelies...........Oma Linda

15 comments:

  1. Ren dorks, that's funny! Sounds like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love all fests, great and small; who doesn't love a day of wonderful pretend? The grands hammed it up once more and look like they had a great time. *hugs all around*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, they are definitely your grandkids ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't suppose you'd consider adopting an old lady would you? Seems like you and the grands are always having a good time and this looks like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect place to let the imagination just go. Looks like they really had a great time. Love that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really fun day! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very clever to be sneaking in a bit of history and learning while having so much fun. What a well rounded education those two are getting from all your outings! There surely are a lot of "remember when" days in your household.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun. Great photos, as always. Just look at that beautiful blue sky!!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just look at all that bright red...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those Ren Faires. Looking forward to the one in Nov. in Las Cruces...that's lots of fun!! Hey, why don't y'all (that's Texan for "you all") come on down and join us..will be a blast and then we can hit Mesilla!!!!???!!

    Have a great weekend, my crazy amiga.

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want Ry's shirt, and his hat. Oh, and I'll start overusing the word piratical because it is just too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sweet Linda,
    I am so happy you visited Take a Left at the Moon. And I don't much believe in coincidence either. I hope I have followed your link to the correct blog. Your grands are Ren Dorks just like we all are in this family. We just had a grand time at the Festival here in our state, too. I posted photos of it at my Earthy Spirituality blog. Anyway, my family full of Renaissance Festival Dorks are two officially diagnosed Aspies (my son and myself) and a hubby who most assuredly is a fellow Aspergian as well. :-) I look forward to reading more of your posts and, yes, to see what the Universe had in store for our "chance" meeting.

    Bright blessings to you on this lovely Autumn Day,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is the playing along that makes a fest great. From my own experience, the amateurs are often more entertaining than the paid performers. As others have said, I love a good reinactment, regardless of the era or the size.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love these pictures of the grands! I happily admit that I am a Ren dork myself. I get all caught up in the speech and the festivities, the food, (the flirting). We always have such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing such joy, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.