Saturday, October 29, 2011

Frosted Petunias' Witches Tea 2011 Under the Halloween Moon

Special thanks to Anna of Frosted Petunias for this lovely opportunity to share with you.

The invitation was sent weeks ago.

The table's been set since day before yesterday.

All that is left to do before my guest and I sit down to tea, is brew the tea and set out the toast, jam and chocolate dipped goodies.

I could have asked anyone of hundred of witches but I've waited a long time to have just the right tea, the right goodies, the right place and she, the one I invited, is just the right witch.

My guest is one of those infamous witches. The ones you only read about in very well written old books with histories and legend. My guest has been around for over 900 years and isn't keen on traveling unless it is for a very good reason or is to a very special occasion.

So, to say the least, I was thrilled when I got her RSVP and she said, "Of course, I would love to finally meet that one".  I have waited for this moment for a very long time and I want to relish every second. Time is standing still. I am waiting. I can feel the ticking of the clock in my chest. I can feel the heat coming from the candles touching my skin.  I can smell the anticipation that surrounds me like a thick morning fog. Will she ever be here?

Lost in my thoughts, I am startled when the bell rings. I then, I am frozen by a surge of emotions. Will what I am offering be good enough? Will she and I have something find topics to discuss? Will she approve of me?

And just like that, the long awaited encounter begins.............

I take her hat and walking stick.

Tea?

She smiles.

We laugh.

We share our thoughts.

We cry.

And then as quickly as she arrived, she is gone.

But I can say she was here and we shared a cuppa.

And if someone asks, I'll say it was the best Witches Tea that I have ever shared under the Halloween Moon with.....well it just won't do to tell. She'll let you know herself, in time.

23 comments:

  1. The tiny hairs on my body are standing right up. What a powerful visit. She must be an incredible Witch. I hope to hear more from her soon, and it would be lovely to share a cup of tea with her.

    Happy All Hallow's Eve, Oma Linda!

    P.S. The best parties are those where we were so happy that we forget half of what happened, but the feelings stay with us forever ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be quite a special guest and I am sure she loved the tea you created. I enjoyed my visit and hope you will try some of my enchanted sweets.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story about your special guest! I'm sure she enjoyed your wonderful table-scape and hospitality :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like the perfect tea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a great tme at your party. Your sweet treats were quite yummy and the tea was most excellent. Please visit me at my party;
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda, I am so enchanted! What a beautiful tale and stunning pictures. I had such a fabulous time and in my dreams of dreams, I hope this dear wise witch pays me a visit one day as well...whomever she may be. Hugs to you, special one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope to someday meet this special guest. For now I will just indulge my imagination. At least I can say I also shared tea at that very same beautiful table.
    Thanks so much for the wonderful party!

    Have a Magical Halloween!
    Chrislyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ecnhantingly wonderful tea Linda! Stop by Dragonfly Manor for a spot...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to copy the skeleton with the fur wrapped witch hat! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an enchanting, mysterious, magical tea party.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. A mystery. I can not wait to see what witch was in attendance. She sounds like a heck of a woman.

    Blessings.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the invite... I had a wonderful time at your tea... We really should try and do this more then just once a year! If your not to tired after your guests leave why not head on over to Grim Wytche Farms for a few tasty treats!

    http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a magical post today...i wish i could have been there! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  14. My curiosity is piqued....who was that special witch? I enjoyed your beautiful tea party.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salutations, your Creations, PICs & Witches Tea Tale are Enchanting. Thank you for sharing all your Magickal Treats.

    This is my favorite time of year when magic is in the air & beautiful black cats are every where. Please fly by my Halloween Party when you can...

    Hauntingly Yours,
    Lyndy & All My Black Cat Familiars

    Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Haunted Halloween Party ~ This is a gorgeous multiple crystal ring & can be used as a Magickal Dowser...
    http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed your mysteriouly magickal tea party! I'm curious as to who was your special guest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Meet! I must say, your setting is quite lovely. Curiosity abounds and I can’t ignore it, will you tell who it was? Was it the Grand High Witch? I imagine that indeed it was she who graced your home with her visit. Oh how I wish she will visit me!

    I didn’t join the Tea Party but I did write a bit of Flash Fiction in time for Halloween.

    Come on over and check it out at:
    http://carmenschronicles.blogspot.com/2011/10/amanda-grayson.html

    Thanks again for the party.
    Happy Samhain!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, you are sneaky!! I want to know who the special witch was ;o) Hmmmm..I am going to be dreaming about this tonight ;o) What a wonderful tea party! Thanks for having me ;o) I took some chocolate dipped goodies when you weren't looking . Happy Halloween my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Party! I had such a nice time, love your pictures. Stop by for some tea & treats.

    Happy Samhain,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun post. What a lovely table you set for your special guest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HHMM...who was the guest of honor...it was so special...you do set a nice table...

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a magical tea party; I'm dying to know who you shared it with!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How mysterious and wonderful! You set such a lovely table for this oh so fabulous guest. I hope to one day solve the mystery and maybe share a cuppa with this special lady myself.

    Happy Halloween and Samhain blessings, dear one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.