Friday, October 28, 2011

Off to the ball.....er Fall Festival

As promised....here are the Winter Fairy Queen and Mario just as they were stepping out the door to the Fall Festival at both of their schools.


Just an aside, cuz goodness knows I can't leave well enough alone. I've always pestered "well alone", just ask anyone who knows me.

GK has had this thrift store find costume for 3 years. It is one of many in her closet that haven't been worn yet, off the showroom floor, so to speak. And we tried it on in August and then left it alone. Well about 20 minutes before they were ready to leave. Ms. Thang tells me that she has changed her mind about being the Winter Fairy Queen and thinks she will be a gypsy because she can't breath in the costume. Since I knew this was the last time she would be able to wear the red and white costume, I asked to see it on her and then realized that she has grown so much in the last two months, that the straps were strangling her body. She desperately needed new straps......and she needed them, yesterday sports fans.

I hadn't realized how much like her mother she is, until I was in a crunch to create something out of nothing and do it now. I can't tell you how many times we have danced this dance before.

Yep, the nutz don't fall too far from the tree here at Casa de Cuckoo.

8 comments:

  1. Well rescued that woman! Sure, and isn't that what nutty creative grandmothers are for, rescuing costumes? :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grands look ready to party. Love the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you saved the day for the Winter Queen! Such a beautiful costume it would have been a shame for her not to wear it. But 20 minutes before departure!! LOL! You are a cool cucumber in a crunch! Ry is adorable as Mario, but I guess he would not like to be called adorable. How about....Super! super mario, of course! hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look amazing!...all full of promise and fun...you are a lucky gran...and they are even luckier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great costume...love the winter theme and from what I saw, we had winter here for a bit!! Mario must be very popular...my Zach will be the Mario-man also this year. Been getting all kinds of crap about how "evil" Halloween is...yea, our babies dressed in Winter Fairy, Mario Bros., Tigger, etc., collecting candy from door to door is soooo EVIL!! Did these same people ever think about their Christmas trees...where did that custom come from...hmmmmmm????

    Oh well, sounds like it's going to be a great weekend, so have fun and be evil!! LOL

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness! What fabulous costumes. GK makes the most gorgeous Winter Fairy Queen and Ry is the most handsome Mario I have ever had the pleasure to see.

    How blessed GK is to have her special Oma to help right the wrongs in her tender life. Something I am certain you do quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way this grandmother thinks....the babies are adorable. You do good works! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, the grandkids look terrific! You saved the day grandma ;o) You are one special lady!! Hugs my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.