Saturday, December 31, 2011

goodbye to 2011....

Like so many, I'm saying adios to 2011 with some confetti filled thoughts.

Fuddled thoughts that is. As though you would think any differently.

It will be good to have a close to a year when I encountered more, shall we say adverse conditions than I thought I could and remain standing. I did not accomplish all I had hoped but I did do more than I thought I had when I look back. This has been a trying and character building (never ask for patience because you will surely be given opportunity to try to show some) year. Loads of failing appliances, both cars need for parts and service, and plumbing have been trying all the avenues of money and grit on our parts......but we did okay. And my big girl panties have had to be tested in several instances as I hiked those suckers up and minded my own bitness the best I could.

Last year I tried the word MELD (mend and weld)....trying to connect things when they needed it, I wanted it, or it needed to be done. I would say that last year's word fell short of what I had hoped but maybe that is the point. At least that is what I got from the lesson. I cannot MELD that which is not meant to be joined internally, externally, personally or in my dealings in the world.....I needed to MELD and yield....ooops, my bad. To every ying there is a yang.....

This year, ever since Samhain, I have contemplated and sought a word for this year and to date....nada, nothing, zilch, zip, blank. So I am boldly going where I have not ventured for many years.....sans word of the year, or resolution or watchword. Instead I am going to let myself learn more, fear less, and appreciate much. Actually I kinda like that...sorta has a ring to it.

There are types of "arting" that I have wanted to do for a long time but always had an excuse of one sort or another to put it off until "whatever, whenever, however". Well darn it,  I am just going for it. I've never felted material, used a serger, constructed an armature, used watercolors, or just enjoyed learning something new for the sake of making myself happy. I am going to try to do all of the above and if it's good, so much the better, if it sucks, so what.

I would say wish me luck but nah, just smile along with me as I show you, cross my heart, all my endeavors be they success or mess.

New Year greetings my lovelies and here's to all of us having a happier and healthier one. With love and gratitude for your friendship, Oma Linda

15 comments:

  1. Great way to start the new year!
    Such a positive message to us all:)
    Thank you
    may your new year be bright, filled with
    love, Laughter and magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl...NOW is the only time we have to create!!!! happy New 2012 to you and your journey...no more excuses. Play Discover. Rest reflect. Then do it all again! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!
    I hope this year turns out wonderful, that all the joys outweigh the tears, for you and your family!
    Learn more, fear less, and appreciate much... oh I love that line. Very good words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping you have a banner arty year that brings you lots of satisfaction.
    Like the idea of going where you haven't gone before. Enjoy and have a healthy, prosperous 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am just going for it" works as well as a word for the New Year for me.

    Happy New Year to all of you at Casa de Cuckoo. Denny and I hope to see all y'all sometime next fall if all goes as planned. Not that it ever does--hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy playing with whatever crafty toys you get to enjoy :o) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!!!

    May this one be the best one ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new year unfolding full of possibility. Grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for the gusto, Oma Linda! Big smiles to you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new year triad. "Learn more, fear less, and appreciate much". It is all that any of us can hope for and as humans, a never ending group of much needed lessons.

    Wishing you all that 2012 can offer and sending my humble gratitude for your gift of friendship. May your world prosper and may anyone who sets themselves against you or yours have their crotches infested by the fleas of a thousand camels with arms too short to scratch. ;-)

    Love you sista!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well dear friend, we made it through another year. Let us hope this new one that we're starting today brings us some challenges that aren't so daunting and some that are filled with light and pleasure. You know the kind I'm talking about. We know what we can accomplish, so let's meake it a great one. May this be the very best year yet. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. So long, 2011! I love your plan to embrace new aspects of arting and to just go for it this year. I think you'll find that watercolor and felting isn't as scary as they appear, thought getting some effects to turn out a certain way can be a bit noodly. You'll see. And you'll love it, I just know it.

    "Learn more, fear less, and appreciate much" - I'm adding it to my own words as a mantra, it sums up my hopes in a nutshell. May you and yours have the most magical of New Years and may those who wish you less than well feel my hairy eyeball egging Mina's camel fleas on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Linda ;o) Great post my friend ;o) I truly loved everything you said, like what you said about patience, and meld!
    This year, go for it! That's what I am going to do too ;o) I can't wait to see all your new art! "learn more, fear less and appreciate much!" Excellent!!! Big Hugs and many blessings ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep doing all you can, all you enjoy, and the rest will come as it will. I for one will be following along and cheering for all your success, commiserating with the mess. Have as much fun as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ~hear hear to saying goodbye to 2011...and hello to you exploreing all new wondrous adventures mediums and heck anything else that you have yet to dabble in...i love it!!! fearless and fancy free my dear sweet friend...i will be smiles all the way...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.