Sunday, January 8, 2012

I've always known she was a doll baby but now she really is

Since the moment she drew breath, and actually before she was born, Ms. GereaKaye has had a huge impact on my life, my heart, my soul. She and I surely knew each other before.

Her Papa was the first to see those "old Soul" eyes in the delivery room. I was busy taking care of my baby girl Shelley at that moment. He accompanied the nurse to clean her up a little before she was presented to her very tired Momma and me. As with the birth of any first grandchild, she made the sun stand still, the moon shine brighter and the minutes of the day were more special just because she was.

Well enough sentimental drivel about our loved girl and on to some news. When GK found out about this news, she was beside herself. She danced around, shouted "oh my, oh my, really??????" She was so pleased and excited. It was a joy to watch her face as she took in the fact that her Auntie Donna in "Froggyland" had made one of her fabulous sculpture dolls and named it GereaKaye.

The doll is a drama queen (princess) with pink hair, Doc Marten's and is gorgeous.....just like our real life girlie girl.

Donna of So Dark So Cute, you could not have done anything any sweeter or special than this.

Please go check out what we think is the best of the best....but then we would, wouldn't we. We love you Auntie Donna.

17 comments:

  1. I was there to see the post of this lovely doll and have to say I fell under her spell. This is one adorable girly girl and I know GK is thrilled to have such a lovely pink haired diva named for her. The photo of your darling girl is precious. What a beautiful spirit she is. Hugs to you and your darling grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, love the doll and the reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dolls are beautiful...all three of them.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous.. and there is nothing wrong at all with being a bit of a proud grandma...

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet and wonderful!!!
    love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dolls but especially the oink lace up boots!!!! You rock! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poses were adorable by both GK and the dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This doll is amazing! I love it so much! Donna is so talented!!! I love the baby picture of your granddaughter! How special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not GK and I'm squealing with excitement. What a wonderful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no words to tell you how wonderful this little girl is.
    You are a very special person. Your work is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, the world stands still when a grand baby is born, I do know this first hand.
    Thanks for stopping by my new grand baby blog post and leaving such sweet/warm comment.
    Happy New Year to you!
    Love the doll....
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What a wonderful doll and what a beautiful thing to do: Name her after your beautiful granddaughter. I'm in tears just looking at this and reading both posts. I think these sorts of things are the most touching in our world. When someone is moved enough to create something because of someone's influence, special connections to our lives.

    Brightest blessings,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous doll and I LOVE her name! Happy new plaything Miss GK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what to say...i'm all teared up. You surely are the sweetest Oma in the whole wide world! GK was such an adorable little baby! And she is now. She's gonna be a very pretty lady. Watch out for them boys ringing at your doorbel Linda! Cheers from Froggyland ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Linda, what a beautiful honor for the sweet mini goddess! I think this is such a special and well deserved project. Give Miss GK a huge congrats hug from me, would you?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.