Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The great adventure of the 3 intrepid wanderers....

You know that saying, "not all who wander are lost"? Well I ascribe to that in most cases. But for my lovely daughter and grands.....they have help from a GPS not getting lost. Which stands for Grandma Pointing System.

If GK is my questioner, and Ry is my inside outside upside down thinker, then Shelley is my double checker. Shelley and I have been close every since she was a wee little flutter in my belly.

I never wanted to have kids. I never liked to babysit. When I did my student teaching for a 2nd grade class of monsters on a stick, I had doubts about being an educator. And yet the universe laughed at me and pointed me in the direction of children at every turn. I felt the fear which was keeping me aloof and apart from children drain away from me in my pregnancy. But when I held sweet baby Michelle, I was a gonner and have been ever since.

Anyway, back to the adventure. My Shelley called many times for me to get on the computer and find how to get to one place or another down south of here. They had such a super vacation, even if it was a shorty this time. I think she called not only to find out where the giant pistachio was for photo purposes but also to check on her Mommy. I was fine but I did miss my three very much. And being real honest...it was a rough weekend coming off of the drug. I'm glad they didn't have to see me like that. The brain freezes weren't as bad as coming off Lexapro but icky non the less.

The three went to Elephant Butte, the International Space Museum, White Sands, a little traveling carnival, McMinn's pistachio farm (got chocolate wine and yummy pistachio), saw where Joe lived as a boy in Alamogordo, Las Cruces, and to Old Mesilla (where they bought some fandamtastic Dia de Los Muertos shirts), swam in the hotel pool and enjoyed each others company. They learned things about each other. Like Ry is brave enough now to go on a mini roller coaster and a "roundup" ride. Look out amusements parks Ry is in the house!!!!! Gerea Kaye learned that her Mom is a nut case (more than she knew before, because Shelley was relaxed).  And Shelley learned that not only is she competent to be who she is, she is damn good at it. The trip took them to another level as a family.

My three left knowing they would going to have fun and came back knowing that the fun was inside them. I love kids.....and mine are so beautifully whole again. Three is indeed a magick number.

15 comments:

  1. LIfe is that much better when you are returning in good spirits to those who truly love you and offer you nothing but pure love. Sounds like your three had a wonderful adventure and now they want to take you along on mini adventures, yayyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great tribute to family trips. super that your three had fun; and super that Oma is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed their trip and you got some time to miss everyone.

    As for other things....I was on Lexapro for 18 months for postpartum depression/anxiety. To say my brain felt like it was shivering is the best description I can give about going off that medication. Also, anti-depressants make me batshit crazy and the stupid psychiatrist (not my current one) didn't even notice when I would come into her office tweeked up and talking about painting my laundry room at 3am just fucking because.

    Anywho : )

    enjoy the rest of your day girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GPS = Grandma Pointing System? Hey, what the hell? My Rare One always says GPS = Girlfriend in Passenger Seat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the worse of the med yuckies are gone now. And how wonderful to hear such great things about the Triumphant Trio's Trip. It seems like they spent a lifetime in one weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, glad they had such a blast, and that, of course, they got to visit Elephant Butte after all :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I am so happy you are off the drug. I am sorry though, for what you had to go through! Here's to a great year ahead ;o) Sounds like Shelley and the kids had a great time! Good for them! I love the number three ;o) My friend, thanks for the special comments you made on Theresa's blog! I got all mushy inside ;o) Did you go to Mina's blog? There is a baby donkey!! So darn cute!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your three are the trinity of strength, love and acceptance. May they dance forever within the space of wholeness. Hugs, my sweet Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. there is nothing that could make a mother happier than seeing her children happy and healthy and whole....you deserve their sweet phone calls....these are the great days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy your little tribe had such a good trip! Wow, I haven't been on a trip in years, can I come visit you? Just kidding. I hope the drug is out of your system now and that you are feeling much better. Sometimes the cure is worse than the thing it is supposed to help. Sometimes. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it wonderful Nature ignored your "no kids" rule. Sounds like a super time and I am so glad you are finally off those monster drugs.
    Feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to hear your three lovely sprouts had such a good time on their mini vacation. This really is the time of year for a quick getaway. I know I could use one. I loved the GPS comment, it had me laughing out loud. I'm also very happy to hear that you're over the hump and returning to a good place after the drug ordeal. Sounds like things are all calm and mellow there at Casa de Cuckoo. Be well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see everyone in a happy place and doing well. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~and may this happiness remain not just with those wonderful three of yours but with all of you...it really is amazing when one goes away...a bit of nourishing soulful moments to fill our spirits once more...i hope this finds you well this day...and moon wobbling at bay...hehehe...i tell ya! much love light and blessings always shining brightly upon you and yours~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.