Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I hate the double word verification............

I don't mean, I kinda dislike it a little bit.....I hate it. I am not a machine. I am a rasty ass old woman with an attitude (I said Hi to Oma Linda and do ya like me better this way Maddy??????)

So my fun friends....if you will follow this wonderful woman's turtorial on how to get rid of the double word insanity, you can still make sure no ugly people say terrible things on your comments but you won't be having me muttering your name and chanting how I wish to hell you didn't use the double do do thing.

Thank you Michelle for figuring this out and stating it so simply and straight to the point. http://www.michelemademe.com/2012/02/how-to-disable-new-two-word.html

Now back in the day....hehehehehe when there was only the one word that normal human beings could read, I liked to play the word vert game, where I made up a sentence using the "almost word" and sent it on to those of my lovelies  who also liked to play.....but I can't read this mess they have now....and once is once too many but when I make a mistake and have to enter words that I can't read three times and then it says prove I am not a machine......welll that could be why you haven't heard from me as of late.

Blogger is the devil.....let's face it. I CAN do change (in order to maintain your sense of humor on the blogosphere)......but when it isn't reasonable or rational, oh puhleeeeeeze. Blogger, Facebook and Hobby Lobby all conspire to confound me. I'll explain Hobby Lobby later.

Listen, I read all my comments before I allow them on my blog because of some idiot humans who were once married to my daughter so......it can be done without misshapen, prove your a human words.

14 comments:

  1. I agree with you!!! I have so much trouble with this agonizing tricky security system. After three tries I just walk away! I can not read this scramble!!! Go and grab Annabelle's valium for me!!~!! Love Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you click on the little ? for the word verification it says you are helping to transcribe real words from books that can't be scanned or some such nonsense. real words in real books? not hardly. some of the words presented are in now way shape or form english and some of them I think can't possibly be words in any other language either. a string of impossible consonants with a weird vowel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets all hope this is straightened out before I'm so old I don't give a crap!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those double word verif are horrendous, especially when they apparently have "splashed" ink all over them. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahaha, this went round the sewing world a couple of weeks ago. BTW I'd always suspected Hobby Lobby was evil... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~i went to her blog...and i think i have had mine off...when you come for a visit to you have to go through such hassle??? they drive me mad each time i have to try and figure out what the heck the letter are...thank you for sharing this and you know what...now i have to figure out this new linky thing...i am always so out of the loop here...uugghhh...

    also my dear friend...thank you for all of your loving wishes and words left for me...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope everyone reads this. However I must admit, it does give me a bit of pride along with surprise when I get those miserable words right the first time.
    When I don't, I do get a bit unlady like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read my comments on my blog before approving them too and I don't use that annoying verification thingy either. Seems a little overkill to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMEN!! I've hated this new verification from the get go and half the time get so frustrated I just don't comment. Lets hope everyone we know and visit gets rid of the dang thing!

    You're the greatest, crusty or not. You're my twin who I was separated from at birth and the Oma to my cubs. Luv ya just for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I am with you on this 100%!!!!! There are some blogs, where I have asked them to please change it, and they haven't ;o( I hate not leaving a comment, but like you, I don't want to sit there for 15 minutes trying to figure these words out! Oh, I love you, you rasty ass old woman ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so much appreciate when I comment on a blog and there is no word verification. Hate is not too strong a word for my feelings towards this new blogger thing. Thanks for not making me sign in. And for this link to how to fix it although I have no verification on my blog either, I can share your link with others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl, I feel your pain. I can't even read some of the crap they are putting out there. I did away with mine a long time ago and honestly very rarely get a spam comment, which goes to the spam folder so I can read it first anyway.

    I think we should just do away with the damn scurvy double word verification and do what any self respecting witch would do...turn our spammers into toads. Sending warm hugs to you and yours, my lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for your sweet words and understanding. You are right, I was very fortunate for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't even get me started! Okay, get me started. I spend way to much time trying to figure out what the heck Blogger is asking me to write. Most times my bad eyes can't figure the damn thing out ;-(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.