Friday, March 16, 2012

Hawt is in the eye of the beholder, er something like that

On my Pinterest account, otherwise known as the new way to lose time, I have a board called "beautious boys". I have had a few questions as to why an old bird like me would have pictures of hawt guys on my account along with all the red and white polka dot dishes, dresses and shoes in the word, every darling picture of a donkey I can find, seasonal make ums and my Mexicana roots trivia. Well there are several ways to answer that question.....first I am not dead, nothing like a view of a hotty to make an old gal smile, second; Why not? I have an appreciation for beauty of the male gender and third; GK.

Several weeks ago, one of GK's classmates told her she was hawt. It kinda freaked her out )me too). Then she thought it was pretty cool that someone thought she was pretty. Whoa says I..........let's get this thing in perspective here girlie, girl. There's hot and there's hawt. And then there is Hawt and then there is pretty, they are not necessarily the same thing. And we had a long talk about cat calls, whistles and non respectful jeers and taunts. And after me going to the North Pole for ice when all she was needing was an ice cube from the refrigerator (cuz I tend to go the long way around on an explanation).......she said "who do you think is hawt, Oma?"

I decided I needed to figure that one out and share my findings with her. So I began with who I think is the sexiest man alive ever, Sam Elliott (the voice). If you are under 40, you would recognize his voice on lots of commercials (Chevy) and was the sky pilot in Golden Chariot.  Blake Shelton (The Voice), Sean Connery (the only real 007), Tom Selleck (Magnum PI, currently Blue Bloods)  Michael Wetherly (DiNozzo on NCIS), Trace Adkins (Badonkadonk) and Mark Harmon (Gibbs), to name a few. Here's a fun one for you. When I showed Sweet Man my list, he wanted to know why I didn't have a picture of him to let the world see his gorgeousness. I soothed his ego by telling him that I was willing to share only some parts of my life with the world. He was mine and I couldn't just share the good stuff like that. He was so tickled, he laughed in a way he hasn't for a long while. I need to tell him more often how beautious he is.

When I told GK the names she was puzzled by some and a little put off by others. How could I think they were hot. Now grated my dears, many of them have some mileage on them but really? To me at my age, some of the others I have on my list are almost too young for me to be comfortable having them on the list (Adam Levine, Jake Owen, etc), just babies, while to GK they are some that are grandpas. Funny thing age perspective.

The first photo below of Mark Harmon is when he was pre ER age. Really young, very handsome and hunky. GK says, hey who's this one, with a smile in which I saw some Hawtness noted. I said, oh that's Mark Harmon. She said who?????? I said, Gibbs from NCIS. And then this pallor of OMG washed over her sweet 11 year old face and she said, as she blushed, Oma, wait!!!! This is way too much to take in......Gibbs was HAWT!!!
I laughed until I hurt. She said it's gonna be hard to watch NCIS now. Tee Hee.

17 comments:

  1. OMG, I had to excuse myself in the middle of your blog post...I laughed just too hard!! I've pinned some of your, "hawties," under my "photograph," board...ok, how dull and non-commital, but hey, I know where I have them stored!! LOL

    Years ago when I was visiting my sis in CA, we went to Santa Monica for lunch,and who do I see sitting there with his wifey, hunky Mark Harmon...swoon!! I didn't want to bother him for an autogragh since he and Pam looked quite cozy, but oh, those baby blues....again, swoon!! The last time when da hubster and I were in Albuquerque, sitting behind Vern was a large table with the Craig T. Nelson familia....ok, he's no hawtie, but there were a few members of that family that were!!! We were told that John Corbett sat at our table just the night before...oh, what I have loved to gaze upon that face!!!!!! Maybe we'll get lucky next week and who knows, maybe Johhny Depp at Scalos!! LOL

    Anway, your post was just to hilarious for words!! BTW, love the music...Maroon 5 rocks!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! Your hot list is almost identical to mine,LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "hawtness" that flows through your family...What a compliment to be called "hawt" and I think it rocks you have some hawties yourself posted. Didn't know you were a pinner, now I'm going to go look for your boards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very entertaining post! I see you included many of my favorites in your Hawt list...Sam right at the top. I refuse to watch the movie where he gets killed on the bar...I cried even as I told myself it was just a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I never saw a pic of Mark young - wow - wait til I show my boys. Not that they will care that he looked hot(and still does) but to see him so young!!! Wow - hey I aint dead yet either - I truly appreciate the male form. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list and I love the fact that modern technology was so much a part of your teaching her....plus I think Sean Connery is about one of the nicest looking men out there and his voice definitely makes me melt...my hubby doesn't understand it...hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFLMAO, huh, who knew Gibbs used to be hawt... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teetotally agree on Sam Elliot. Not only his hawt looks but my that voice.
    A young Mark was almost too beautiful. Kind of like him better with the edges scruffed up.
    Nice save with your hubby.
    Hay, even at my age, I still look and admire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam Elliot could read the dang phonebook and I'd swoon! I had to take a break reading your post, I busted out laughing so hard at GK's reaction to Gibbs being Hawt. Hehehe, aw poor girl, to be taught the ways of hawtness via NCIS.

    As for your man list, Christian Kane is a totally hunky. I don't tell Joe, but that's primarily why I watch Leverage. ;-) Johnny, Antonio and Sir Connery are always good choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always in tears of laughter when I visit you dear lady and YES they are still Haut!!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, you made me laugh, and my number one sexiest man is.....Sam Elliot, his deep voice just makes me swoon. Glad you had fun with GK over whos hawt...have a great weekend. your blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, this is so cute and funny! I love Sam Elliott! He played with Patrick Swayze in Road House! Oh and Sean Connery, wow!! But, my Johnny Depp, hmmmmmm... takes center stage for me ;o) As my mom would say, he would put his shoes under my bed any day ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing how many comments you are getting on this post, ha ha. Don't get me started on who's hot, all on your list are, personally I think that M Harmon is hotter now. I'd have to add another dozen but won't bore you with them now. But how about the new 007, Daniel Craig? Hes on my list as well as Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr., and oh my, where is my fan, it is getting warm in here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I laughed so hard that I woke my Piano Man, not nice of me, but LOL!

    Am I old (or just not blind) because I think that he is still pretty hawt?

    I would have paid to see GK's face.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved this post and your list is nearly identical to mine. I've always had a thing for Sam Elliot and now I discover so does every other woman. Jan mentioned two more hawties that are on my list, Hugh Jackman & Robert Downey Jr. and then there's always Jude Law.

    Who does GK have on her list?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gibbs/Mark Harmon didn't used to be hawt, he IS hawt. Walking talking definition of silver fox right there. The man's hotter in his 60s than a lot of much younger guys.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.