Friday, March 9, 2012

I tend not to be a joiner but...........

If you have not heard of Invisible Children then I need to share this with you. If you have....then good for you and I hope you were moved to action.

I am going to direct you to a 30 minute youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc that I hope you will take the time to watch. There is such a terrible horror (one of many in this world) that you and I can make a difference in solving. I watched the video with my granddaughter and daughter. There are three generations of women in my house who don't want to know of another Ugandan or any other nationality child abducted to be a child soldier for a warlord, or made into a sex slave, or watch their entire family or village slaughtered or worse be made to do the killing themselves in order to save their lives. If this was happening here in New Mexico, or Iowa the world would know about it.


The idea is to make this terrible warlord Joseph KONY who is a guilty of war crimes as famous and as we can. To make so many people around the globe aware of  who he is and what he has done, it will be impossible for anyone worldwide to ignore this hellaciousness to continue.

6 comments:

  1. You are so right. I read "A LONG WAY GONE: MEMOIRS OF A BOY SOLDIER" and was appalled. It is hard for us to imagine just how horrid conditions are in other parts of the world. We are so pampered. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were just talking about the video at dinner last night. I still haven't watched it but later when I have the time I will.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I know about this and have watched the video. Good for you putting it on your blog! This is so sad and you are completely right in saying, if it was in New Mexico, or even Canada, the world would know about it. Makes me so angry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe that this kind of medieval behavior still exists in our world today. I have heard of Invisible Children but until seeing this video was not aware of the full details. It is heart wrenching. Thank you for enlightening me once again. May the word get out and may true justice be done in the universal way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a moving video and the youth are taking charge ...not to forget what this horrible man has done to his country. I am praying and working for peace every day!!! Love you, Mary Helen Fernandez stewart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex Bennett was speaking about the video this morning, but I had not heard about it yet...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.