Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ya think??????

Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said. - - Mel Brooks

Much ado about nothing is something I ascribe to. Why not? Everyone else does. They just call it by different names;, getting mad, pissed off, concerned for the welfare of others, righteously indignant, socially offended, high minded, emotionally harmed, morally irresponsible.......yeah, yeah.

Someone says or does something you don't like and you gripe, bitch, moan, complain, harp or rant about it. And when the sand settles over the mesa, feathers are all unruffled, and feelers are no longer hurt or worse when the topic is no longer of importance to anyone, the ado in fact is nothing. Here's the quarter, go make your one phone call......to someone who cares.

I am guilty as anyone of spewing about something that holds import for me in my little world that affects me and that's the name of that tune. And I always appreciate the onlookers yelling, "go get um". But truth is.....it all falls back into the same shitee pile and until it raises a "stink" again.....nobody cares.

That being said I also have to say, when it is your problem, no one else feels it like you do. They can commiserate, and try to soothe and that is what friends are for....to love you through what hurts you and try to help you. I find that that is really the truth of life. We hurt, we share, we suffer, we heal, we use that knowledge in a positive way to help someone else and in so doing move on. So the good news it's working here at Casa de Cuckoo in both directions. We love and are loved.


But heads up or duck to those that need that advice.




14 comments:

  1. At least you can let stuff go. My family and I are still talking about bullshit from decades ago. Buncha bitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, in case you didn't gleam it, that last comment was from me. I accidentally hit the fucking anonymous button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell it like it is, Sista! That is the beauty of you and I love you for it. (Also love that cute little duck!) High fives, hugs and smooches...and thank you for loving me back. It means the world to me. Mina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mina, that's why we love you so, because you tell it like it is ;o) Big Hugs and lots of love ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~abundantly...so...love is always around you even when it does not feel like it...remember that for me...ok...

    "when it is your problem, no one else feels it like you do"

    spoken loud and clear...
    good for you for being able to move onward and upward...hard to let go at times...a battle i attempt to fight all the time...

    always much love light and blessings my dear friend~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, love the ducky! Oops, sorry, got distracted there... For the most part I let things go immediately, however just driving to Edinburgh positively enrages me these days due to a certain someone (who lives over that way) who I would love to pour out a very long rant to, but who I stopped speaking to, which makes it an impossibility lol (to be honest, it would be a waste of breath, he wouldn't get it anyway, which is why I didn't do it at the time I cut him off) It's only been a year, I might recover eventually, in the meantime, I'm glad I rarely go to Edinburgh ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song!!! Just shoot for the stars!!! Let go and Live!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  8. That you love and are loved is the key to this life. Everything else will pass except for those too stubborn to let go.
    Love the duck advice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post and I must say, I love Mel Brooks. There is no laugh too cheap for him to use. He is the king of high-brow, low-brow and everything in between!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said and Amen to that! We are the center of our own little world and what happens in our own little world effects us and those around us. You can rant and rave all you need to and I for one will be here to listen and hope that it helps. Life can be messy but that's life.
    Who doesn't love Mel Brooks? And baby ducks with webbed feet?? Don't even get me started! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are we fussing about at the moment? We fuss and then let go...back to the love and be loved...

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...aahhhhh, yup. If that ain't the truth then I don't have dimples on my butt. May be more than you needed to know but since we're calling it like it is... LOL ;-) Getting all caught up in the rows that come with life and being able to let it all smooth back down (and sometimes, if not usually) resurface down the road... hopefully the learning takes place and the waves can level out and we will hit smooth waters and see things from new perspectives.

    Bright blessings to you, my friend,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know my sweets....this was a strange post. I was speaking towards the insanity of folks being upset about their stuff being "stolen" or used on Pinterest and I guess the waves just rolled over the deck and since I have ranted on about certain less that level headed individuals that have in the past rocked my boat/\....naturally it seemed that was what this was about. I'm gonna have to do a better job of 'splaining Lucy cuz that bit of south easterly wind doesn't even register on the radar. pffffffft. Sorry false alarm for some of you. XOXO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful point...well written. I'm ducking.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.