Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cuckoos, cascarones and craziness.......

This weekend has been filled with all kinds of celebration and goings ons here at Casa de Cuckoo.

Full moon....the seed moon. It was absolutely gorgeous here. And I traveled as a rock in Melissa's pocket to the Jersey shore to see the moon, the ocean and have that crazy Hippy Jersey Woman pray for my healing. Now ya gotta admit, if I had flue powder, I coulda really been with her but the rock in the pocket thing was pretty good too.
this picture was taken by Melissa

this is my favorite one of the pictures Melissa took at the Jersey shore
The girls got all gussied up and attended the wedding. We showed the kids what a Passover meal would be like and used our new book of blessings to pass our good wishes for all into the night.

This weekend we have also seen two great movies, oldies but well worth it. The Secret Life of Bees and To Kill a Mockingbird. Super discussions after the movies. Questions galore from the grands and a renewed mindset of being mindful and respectful to all.

Today Mr. Hippity came and gave us candy, toys and an excuse to annoy the neighbors with a cascarones fight in the front yard. For those who don't know what cascarones are. Eggs, blown out and then filled with confetti. The hole for filling is then taped over and the blessing eggs are done. You tape on one should saying One, then the other shoulder saying Two and then on the head say Blessing for you and me.  It does kinda get to be like a water balloon fight after awhile but everyone has a great time. Looks like New Year Eve leftovers only with egg shells all over the driveway. Very colorful and messy.

Then this evening we had a lovely meal with honey mustard basted ham, a new recipe for au gratin potatoes, asparagus and orange blossom muffins for dessert.
Tomorrow is Mr. Ry guy's 8th birthday. He wants chocolate iced donuts with multi sprinkles (like the cascarones) for his classroom share. He is getting another game for the Wii Penquins from Madagascar (my fave is King Julian) and his very own numchuck from Papa and I. He's gotten quite good at his Super Mario Galaxy. I know big deal right??? but for this little critter with his diminished eye/hand coordination, it is a big deal. I would never have thought that a game could give a kid as much confidence but then......I don't do the games on Wii, I just sweat on Wii fit. Which for me should be called Wii pain and agony.

Hope this week brings each of you closer to your dreams and happy with where you are. XOXO Oma Linda

13 comments:

  1. Happy family photos, good food, cascarones,,,,sounds eggcellent! And happy number 8 to Ry, how exciting. And chocolate donuts for the classmates, would that I were 8 and in his class!!! LOL! take good care now, my BB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like you truly had a blessed Easter Sunday. I love reading of the fun you share with your grands.
    I must say that Shelley and GK have BEAUTIFUL hair. I'm so happy that you posted these photographs ~ they are beautiful of all of you.
    The music is pleasant and so peaceful. I didn't want to leave this page.
    xo audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun weekend, love the idea of the cascarones and, of course, annoying the neighbours ;o)

    Happy birthday to Ry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you covered all the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An uplifting and happy post! Love the photos, the stories and those eggs!!! I agree with Audrey...the music is beautiful~~~

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 8th birthday to Ry!

    Your Easter meal looks scrumptious, and the cascarones sounds like oodles of fun. It all sounds like a very fabu weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life sounds good....ain't it wonderful when it is? Happy birthday to your wonderful grandson. Have a great party!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the cascarones from last year and was going to make some but forgot all about them until mentioned them.Remind me about them next year so I can follow through. It looks like the family had a great Easter Sunday and the photos are wonderful. Happy birthday to Ry!!! To be 8 again...
    I didn't get to leave a comment on your last post where Shelley and GK are looking so glam but I just have to compliment them on how absolutely lovely they both looked. You have some really beautiful people in your family both on the inside and the outside. Hugs to you all and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oma Linda, what a great post and so much fun! The moon pics are gorgeous! I want to make some cascarones!! I love the pictures! You are so cute! And the meal, I wish I was there! Ry is turning 8 wow!!! Big birthday wishes to our cutey ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You guys look sooo much alike. Three generations with the same smile. Beware world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos of your holiday festivities!!! What a fun tradition!

    Happy Birthday Ry!!!!!!
    Queenie hopes your special day is great! The Delicious send Birthday bow-wows too :o)

    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm drooling over that meal. Also, you are some fine lookin' women in your family. Now we have even more in common, we are foxes in my family too : )

    Glad you enjoyed "our trip" to the beach. See, now you can tell people you've been to the Jersey Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Linda, I am so sorry I missed this post. I think it was around the time I found out about King and was entirely self absorbed. Happy very belated birthday to precious RY!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.