Friday, April 27, 2012

More on the garden fun

We have been creating all manner of insanity here at the Casa.

Mondays, Shelley and I junk. It just is what we do. Anyway, we found this great bunch of aluminum bowls. One large gold one and 6 smaller multi colored sherbet bowls. As you can see from the following photos we changed our $2.50 purchase into a sparkling, clanging windchime that is.....well crazy and fun and colorful.

We drilled holes in the bottoms of the smaller cups. Took the pedestal off of the large one and drilled holes along the lip to hang the smaller ones. We then used buttons to secure fishing line into the center pedestal through the hole into the large bowl, then through the smaller gold one and added an acrylic sparkly for the clanger in the bell portion. We tied knots in the fishing line to secure the distances between the pieces.

GK then strung sparkly acrylic beads to add to the "trashy treasure" look of our very OOAK windchime. Yesterday, we had sustained 35 mph winds with gusts of 75 mph....our new windchime let us know it was a blowin' big time.







Also here is a picture of further use of the tomato cans. We have a windmill in our backyard. At one point I painted it like it was a sunflower but that has faded with time so in the spirit of the redeux...we decided to make it a strawberry tower. I think it looks cool.
And finally here are the pots of herbs.

This weekend we will paint the mushroom table, put up the shelf and hopefully hang some windows......pictures next week.
Have a lovely weekend. Oma Linda

16 comments:

  1. Ooh my..that is so colorful!!! Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this windchime. What a cool idea to use these vintage colorful bowls for this! You two are inspirational and your garden ideas all look great. I can't wait to see more.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all should have your own show on HGTV!!Creative, re-purposing, on the very economically resourceful side (i.e.: cheap). Wonderful, truly. You are positively dripping with artsy excellence! Three cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just loaded with clever ideas. I really like those windchimes. You have a yard full of charming whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only you cuckoos at the casa could come up with these brilliant ideas. I love the wind chimes and imagine they really do let you know when there's a hefty breeze, Things are getting interesting out there in your yard. I can't wait to see how this turns out. We finally got our grass mowed but it was still wet and now looks like a bad hair cut. Smoochies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, you come up with the most fun and quirky ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those windchimes are gorgeous! I love all the fun ideas you come up with. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Linda, the chimes are just super! I bet they really let you know when the breezes blow. Just an amazing idea, whoda thunk?

    ReplyDelete
  9. And when you're all done with that you guys are going to come to my casa and spruce up my garden right?? <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are incredible. And how you make me miss my terrace. I doubt they will be done repairing it before the summer is over, so I'll just delight in you greens and yard goodies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a wind chime WHORE and I LOVE those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oma Linda, I want that wind chime! That is so cool! I love it so much! Everything is looking amazing! Love the herbs! Can't wait to see the mushroom table ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh i love this windchime!!! it turned out great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wind chime makes my heart smile. All of those bright beautiful colors and dazzling embellishments put together by 3 very special generations of women. I'll bet the fairies are dancing non stop!

    I love your windmill/strawberry planter and the sweet pots of herbs just brings out the witch in me. Many warm hugs to you and yours, my beautiful friend. Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.