Monday, April 9, 2012

What a lovely day......

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, you are all super. I got from all of you cards, candy, toads, balloons, donkeys, turtle wishes and sweet thoughts. I truly was overwhelmed by your kindnesses.

Today Shelley and I found a new indoor flea market, the mother load of thrift stores.....I found happy birthday to me presents....like....old tyme insulators to use for candleholders, old red and white tin plates and saucepots, a killer Virgin of Guadalupe statue, donkey and goat cookie cutters and potentially the bestest of all........a framed photo of a donkeys butt cheeks (I tried scanning it but nahhhhh). It is very artsy with a grey donkeys rear at the end of an adobe wall alley. And without even knowing it, thanks Sweet Man for all my pressies.

Of course we found leopard toed Doc Martens for GK and a super vintage Bob Marley shirt, cuz goodness knows that every 11 year old loves reggae tie dyed t shirts and with Shelley for a momma....the kid adores Docs.

From my lifeblood buddy in Wales I received a kitty in a jumper card.

And from the sweetest smart ass in the world this card.

a very happy and humbled "Olde Broad" says good night my lovelies.

9 comments:

  1. I have missed your sweet wit...I have had a week of ...well mishaps and trials so coming here brings a smile to my face! Love you! Mary helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day :) That kitty is just too cute. A belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had a great day. Its wonderful to be remembered on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful outing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday! That does indeed sounds like the perfect shopping location, I mean who could live without a framed photo of a donkey's butt cheeks? All is well at Casa De Cuckoo :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute cards,especially the little kitty :-) Happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oma Linda, I am so happy you had such a special day! You deserve it! I would love to see the donkey's butt picture! LOL! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a kick ass birthday. Love the card too. That daughter of yours, she's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Funny thing happened, I was reading Magaly's post a while ago (what day is it?) Anyway it was her birthday, so for HER birthday she wanted her B-Day wishes to be given ti YOU sweetness & Mina... then a funny thing happened... I was truthfully transported back in time to the 50's, I had got Mina's wish off, but not yours... so I kept thinking OMG, I have to call in at Linda's, but although I had been teleported (actually we just drove in a rusty old car, but I'm a Trekkie at heart) back in time where there was no internet, now I have access to communication & I have to say something...
    Firstly I am wearing leopard print Doc Martins I bought in Scotland 18 years ago, I got married in them, my wedding boots I like to call 'em... as I type, you dudes must have found a sister pair (although the pattern is pretty worn off on mine)...
    That's silly to tell you that first, I get a little off topic...
    Secondly, the most IMPORTANT thing is a birthday wish (I haven't even said Happy Birthday to Magaly yet he he) OK, Lynda, reading your posts show me how lucky I am to see our wonderful world through such a wise woman's eyes, I love your stories, I adore your unique & individual voice in a world where blandness can prevail, your non pc views, your take it or leave it because this is how I see it approach, your generosity, your love & commitment to family friends (oh yeah & donkeys), my birthday wish for you is - may your light always shine bright, your face never be far from a smile, the people you treasure to always be near, and to enjoy good health & a long & happy life - you are special & am happy for the opportunity to say so :) Happy Birthday Oma :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.