Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You all know how I feel about Walmart...

Not my favorite place, just because there seems to be some retail pheramone that waffs out of the doors of Wally World and attracts, well all of us who want to save a buck or two. But there are some extra special attraction for rude, inept and attitudinal subjects. (I cop to the latter myself). I feel like I should wear shoulder, knee and elbow pads when I go in for a few items. Just so I don't get injured by the craziness.

Well my darlings, today was a doozy of a Walmart day. I take an OTC for leg cramps and the only other retailer of these little pills that let me sleep all night charge $2.50 a bottle of 40 more for these little gems than Walmart does. So, once a month I made the pilgrimage to tricky, icky, sticky land. All was going well, I even got to visit with my ex neighbor who is a cashier. Found all I needed including a new pair comfy slippers because the old ones died recently and even in the summer I get cold feet at night.

I headed out to my little orange Caliber with the Invisible Dragon in the Back Seat sticker. What I found almost made me sit down and cry. Some bonehead in a very large pickup truck decided to park so close to my drivers side door that there was barely an inch from my side mirror to his/her truck. Needless to say, my right leg would not fit into that opening.

I began to formulate a plan whereby I could get into the drivers side bucket seat from the passenger side. Problem 1, I can't bend my right leg more than 50 degrees. Problem 2, there is a console between seat a and seat b. Problem 3, I wanted to scream.

What I ended up doing was....get in on the passenger side, lay the seat down flat, reach across and recline the drivers seat. Use the handles that are on each side in the car ceiling to hold onto, put my left leg (good one) into the drivers foot well, slide my lardy arse up onto the console, adjust my right leg and lie down onto the drivers seat, heaft myself into the drivers seat. Whew. Now the passenger side door is still open, the seat is down but I managed to drive forward and to the right. That means I am parked at a 90 degree angle to what is correct in the parking lot.

This little old, old woman comes up to me and explains that I cannot park this way, I got tickled and started laughing. I think it was the adrenalin rush from all the excursion and being upset. Anyway, I explained what I had just done and she asked if I had left the person a nasty note. I said I didn't have anything to write on. She proceeded to write a note and stick it under the windshield wiper. I have no idea what she said. But while she was doing that, I got out of the car, walked around to the passenger side, closed the door and walked to where my basket was and proceeded to connect it to the truck on it's trailer hitch.

Tonight I am in agony. My everything hurts. My on top of everything hurts. I sure hope that Mr/Mrs truck driver understood that two old ladies were upset with them today.....but ya know even if they read it or had to take the basket off the bumper of the truck......the old saying goes, "Ya can't fix stupid".

16 comments:

  1. Sorry, I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I really am, sorry! Glad you were able to figure it out, I might just have left some very interesting dents in their truck side too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an asshole. Some people are just clueless that they are, in fact, not the only ones in the world.

    About Walmart. Have you seen the documentary "The High Cost of Low Prices"?

    It's a goody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you went thru, and had to go thru...SUCKS, Linda!!! I know what you are going thru. I need two knee replacements, so I can't even imagine how I would have been able to get in my SUV!!!

    Hope you are ok now~~~

    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! Going to Walmart is an adventure I try and avoid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that sounds awful. Pretty sure I would have gone inside and had their stupidity blasted over the store intercom and made them come out to move the truck. Sweet of that old lady to leave a note for the not so smart driver.
    Some people just don't think or don't care.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother's guiding words for his life...'people are stupid', sometimes shortened to PAS. I think it's not that they are stupid so much as they self-centered and fail to look past their own noses to see what impact they and what they do has on the other people around them. Or it could just be...PAS.

    Walmart is the store of last resort for me. Their company policies keep people in poverty first by causing the small businesses around them which were there first to go out of business and second by refusing to pay their employees a living wage and no benefits. I refuse to continue to further enrich that family even to the point of gladly paying extra for whatever it is I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love those idiots who are so special they never have to think of anyone but themselves? You know the ones, they're the only people who matter and they have more rights than the rest of us and usually those numbskulls drive big trucks. Hope the old lady gave them h*ll in that note and I loved what you did with the basket. Smoochies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I was envisioning your contortions as I was reading--no wonder you were in pain!

    As you know, we drive a big, honkin' truck but we also try to park waaayyy out so 1) no one hits us and 2) so we can open our doors without hitting another vehicle. And usually when we get back to the truck some little sh*tbird car is parked so close to my side that Denny has to fold in the mirrors (very handy) and I still have to squeeze through a door opening so tight that my clothing catches on the door. Grrr. Never thought of fastening the cart to the bumper, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back in the day when we were young and nimble..who knew that something as simple as getting into the effing car would be such a torment! I feel your aggravation and lift a glass to your eternal endurance! Even though I shop at Wal-mart on rare occasions, it still makes me gag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUCH on every level...the cost of medicine, the rudeness of people who seem to think they own the world and practically stomp on top of you in parking lots or anywhere else for that matter and the little ole lady who acts like a police when you need understanding and protection. I"m so sorry you experienced a walmart whammy! Sending you many healing blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't fix stupid and evidently can't fix rude either. I'm sorry that you are in such pain today, you and the lol were very circumspect in my opinion. Another person might have removed the mirror on the pick up to enable entry into your own car easily. Or some such drastic measure. I'd have liked to see the face of the driver when it came back to its truck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really it comes down to manners and having manners means you think of others even while parking. My new saying is "they are doing the best they can with what they have, bless their little pea picking hearts." LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my... this is an excellent reminder of why I intentionally stopped shopping at Wally-Mart nearly a year ago ~ I've 'saved' so much in stress over the past year. ;-) I'm glad you found a helper to try and set things straight. ;-)
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, here I am chuckling out loud again. I am trying to be quiet but my shoulders are shaking the entire chair. I will say that I am so sorry that you had to endure that nonsense and also, that both you and the other lady are the Queens of Everything! I wish I could have seen that goobers face when he came out to his truck and saw that basket. hahaha You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, I am so sorry for the shit you had to go through! I don't understand people! I am one of those people who park far away and no matter what I do, I come out and there is a big truck beside me? Do I have to park further away? I think I would have left some nice dings in the pickup truck! I am happy you connected with that older lady ;o) And, I started laughing with the basket on the bumper! You go girl! I have to tell you, I have been in Walmart once in my entire life. Never bought anything and will never go back into that store! Just me!!! Gives me the shivers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. here here , I am no fan of wal mart myselg.... and your excapades sound true to their reputation..... I give you kudos for your determination in gaining access to your vehicle. I like the old lady agree that a nasty note should have been pinned to his windsheild yet a bottle of white shoe polish may have been more fitting. Take care of yourself girl....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.