Monday, May 14, 2012

666 and why I don't understand it..............

In mathematics
666 is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers (i.e. ), and thus a triangular number.

Since 36 is both square and triangular, 666 is the sixth number of the form (sequence A037270 in OEIS) and the eighth number of the form (doubly triangular numbers) (sequence A002817 in OEIS).
The number of prime numbers up to 666 is 121, which is the square of 11, which is the number of prime numbers up to 36.
666 is an abundant number.
The harmonic mean of the decimal digits of 666 is (trivially — all repdigit natural numbers have this property) an integer: 3/(1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6) = 6, making 666 the 54th number with this property.
In base 10, 666 is a repdigit (and therefore a palindromic number) and a Smith number. A prime reciprocal magic square based on 1/149 in base 10 has a magic total of 666.
The Roman numeral for 666, DCLXVI, has exactly one occurrence of all symbols whose value is less than 1000 (D=500, C=100, L=50, X=10, V=5, I=1).
666 is a member of the indices of prime Pandovan numbers: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, 30, 37, 84, 128, 469, 666, 1262, 1573, 2003, 2210, ... (sequence A112882 in OEIS).
The sine of the angle 666° multiplied by -2 is equal to the golden ratio:
And I bet many of you skipped over this blah, blah, blah.

That's how many posts I have had on this blog of mine. 666

I know lots of folks think that this number is (cue scary music) dun dun duuuuuuuuh, evil. But I think it is just about as evil as the aforementioned math language (although the roman numeral thing is pretty cool). Besides my favorite number is scarier and looks more like a cobra. And since, although I hate to mention this, because then you'll think I am a right/left brain thinker......I understand and appreciate all of the above on a nerdy level. Love math....love art. Same thing different parts of the brain..........so????? I can rub my head and pat my tummy too!

And after 3 years of being in the presence of the one and only, special thinker extraordinaire, the inside, outside, upside down thinker, Ry the magnificent, hey anythinK is possible. And don't you forget it.

And contrary to what some pagans would tell ya, cuz I sure as heck don't speak for any more than myself, I do think evil exists....just not in the 666 representative way. And I also feel that evil is it's own reward, so there ya go. And you notice I mentioned no names.

So back to the fact that I've past 666. It's significant because now I match my license plate. I so wanted a 666 plate for the orange dragon hauler but instead I got a 667....which means I live next door to evil. tee hee. Nah, I live next door to one idiot and one nice old man but that's close enough. When I opened the envelope with the tag in it, Sweet Man was looking over my shoulder cuz we had a sizable bet on the outcome of my numbers.  I thought he was gonna have a fit when I slowly pulled out the plate and it read 6........6........that's when he said *^ $%!*, how did you do that????? and then that stinkin' 7 came out.

I wasn't as disappointed as I was amused at his reaction. How funny that I got that close. And then I wondered ......hmmmmm, I wonder if they even print 666 license plates. So I called the motor vehicle department and asked....and asked.....and asked..... Finally someone said that I shouldn't be making crank calls to the DMV because they were very busy (hello?????) people and hung up on my olde arse. That was even funnier. So, I don't know if they print the evil plate but I sure got close huh?

So here's the question for the sneaky and unpublished 666 evil as all get out giveaway. What is your favorite number? That's all you have to send me in your comment. I'll be making a "something" very unevil and unnumerical and sending it to you. I shall pick the name randomly on May 21, 2012....just because it is so random and adds up to Magaly's favorite number. So for an extra entry.....what is Magaly's favorite number? And if you guess (from the babble up top) what my favorite number is you'll get another entry.

So a possible 3 entries to win one of my worn out, used up, older than dirt itself, fabric collages (see an example on Ye Olde Crones Gazette), that have won my heart as of late.

6 comments:

  1. I am TERRIBLE at math so my favorite number might be the only one I get right. Favorite number is 23 (And I just gotta say 16 is so close afterwards.) Okay..is your number 9???? I guess 7 looks more like a Cobra but I would think 9 is scarier. Magaly's is 8??? I don't know if I should add the 5, from the month of May or not. Darn, you're tricky! But even if all my answers are Wrong, I should get another entry cause our phone number begins with 666!!!!! SO THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DARN...I am betting Magaly's number is 13!! Well 8 or 13..I get TWO guesses cause I'm 60 and that's one of the 6's from 666..and I am spoiled so I get TWO GUESSES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinco y ocho. Aren't they? I bet they are. And April seems to know me well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 is Magaly's ALTHOUGH she's often said 3... 3 is in 13... I think I'll go with... 13
    You Ms Maths genius LOL, Crap I had numbers coming out my ears & spilling on the floor after reading this... anyhow, I'm going to go with... 36... but MAYBE it's 666... 667? LOL... 2 looks like a cobra though... & 7 but I'll go with 2 although I prefer odd numbers - but I like some evens...
    OK I'm going with 7, or 5 for my fav number(s) but I always pick 22, 13, 26 & 17 playing blackjack.... mmmm maybe I have more than 1 fav, depending on what I'm doing... so not much of an answer, but I guess that is it ;) Now off to do some ART (definitely NOT maths)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I missed out on the giveaway, darn it! You are a brain at math! My mom loves math! I was a bit confused with the beginning of your post, but I did read it ;o) I don't think 666 is evil, Holly Wood has made it evil! That is so cool, that you were that close and got 667! I can't believe they hung up the phone on you? I think Magaly's favorite number is 13 ;o) Your's is 666 ;o) For me, I like the number 8 and I do like the number 3 ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know, I think my head rotated a couple of times reading through that first bit, and I have a degree in maths ;o) Mine is 3 or 7 I think...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.