Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Gerea Kaye.............

Ms. GK turns twelve today. Cinco de Mayo, Super Moon tonight, and the girl is a tween. I am at a loss as to where the time has gone.....12 years, really?

It seems like only yesterday that we were packing up Momma to be and getting to the hospital to be a part of this new adventure ....... being grandparents.

After watching Shelley work really hard for the birth of her baby girl, I too was exhausted but oh so proud of my baby girl. It's hard to see your own child in pain even if the result will be another sweet girl to love. Sweet Man was a trooper and was the very first to hold GK. In fact, the reason she is called GK, besides those being her initials, is because of Sweet Man. GK in his mind stands for grandkid.....so that's the name of that tune. See I'm not the only old Cuckoo in the Casa.

We are going fishing tomorrow for her birthday at her request. I haven't been fishing in about 25 years so, I plan to do alot of walking while they do the sit and wait. Lots of sunscreen, lots of bug repellant and lots of fun is planned tomorrow. If they do catch anything, SM and I will be the only ones who will eat them. Seems like a fools folly in some ways but it's what she chose so..........to the lake it is.

13 comments:

  1. Oh goodness what a precious photo of your little GK!! Happiest of birthdays to that young lady!! And congrats to mom and grandies! Fishing? interesting. Catch a big ole fish, GK! And 12 years old is a fabulous age to be!!! (must say HI! to Ry as well. Hope he likes fishing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday Miss GK
    Happy birthday to you

    Enjoy your fishing expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday GK! We have a birthday party to go to today too. It's for my sweet little great-great nephew Caden who is now a one year old and nearly ready for college. I hope he grows up to be as wonderful and sweet a person as that lovely Miss GK. Have fun fishing. Smooches and snuggles to all you fabulous Cuckoos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing Miss GK a fabulous birthday. Enjoy.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, GK! Have loads of fun on your fishing expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big age, 12 is Miss GK! I think going fishing for a birthday is perfect. I know you'll have a great time with all of your family. Catch a fish for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday GK!! What a sweet photo. Good luck with your fishing trip but I'd say you all caught the best fishes already, in each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo so much! Makes me so happy! Happy Birthday GK ;o) Many blessings to you!! I hope everyone has fun fishing! Catch lots ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable sweetie. Happy Birthday GK, catch a whopper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, sweet baby. I remember seeing that picture of you and your mom all dressed up and on your way to a wedding, and now here to see baby you. How you've grown and how beautiful you keep on getting.

    The happiest of birth days to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, sweet Gerea Kaye! I hope the fishing trip was a wonderful success and a great bunch of fun!

    The photo of GK is absolutely adorable. I just love it. How cute!

    Hugs and love and blessings,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Birthday GK!
    Hope you had a wonderful day!
    Lots of love to my penguine kid
    from
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending a happy birthday wish (though late) to the beautiful Miss GK!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.